That MacBook keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NewGenAdam, Jul 2, 2008.

1. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

Am I the only person to actually like the keyboard on MacBook, and MacBook Air? I don't have a machine myself, but after spending too many hours on MacBooks in stores and at friends' houses, I think it's better than a standard lappie keyboard.

The separation of the keys just makes it feel... Cleaner, and more accurate.
    It's better, right?

2. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

I think it is, that's why I have one. :rolleyes:

I've used a number of non-Mac laptops, and other than the HP 8430, this is the best I've used. I've been told that that MBP is better. Not as loud, and better feel. But I haven't used one, so I couldn't say pro/con...

3. denizzziz13 macrumors member

My MacBook just came yesterday and so far I really like it. I dont mind the clicky sound at all.

4. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

best keyboard on a portable that i've used. I love it. There's a reason they used the same chicklet style keys on the aluminum keyboards, which i also have since my MacBook is in desktop mode a lot, so the aluminum keyboard didn't take any getting used to at all for me :D

5. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

I really like the MacBook keyboard. It certainly looks different, but it feels "Just Right". I'm a touch typist, so it's important how well the keys feel to my fingers. The MacBook keyboard is quite 'clicky' and has good tactile-feedback.

6. dingus macrumors member

I was Typos McCallahan until I got my MB. Not sure what it is about this keyboard but it just works better for me, and it's not that I have giant hotdog bun fingers or anything. Backlit keys would still be nice in future models, though.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Here's another person who loves it. It matches my aluminum keyboard I got for my G5. They're hands down the best keyboards I've ever used.

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Flat out, best keyboard I've ever typed on. I considered getting a aluminum one for my office Dell.

9. David G. macrumors 65816

The keyboard on my MacBook is so much better than any of the other keyboards I have ever used.

10. Frozonecold macrumors 6502

I like my new aluminum keyboard, but I still think that the MBP had a nicer keyboard. It was nice and gooey. ;)

11. dino0829 macrumors member

Compared to iBook?

OK guys, looking for some input. How does the MacBook keyboard compare to the G4 iBook's? I'm going to be upgrading very soon (like, after July 11), and wondering about it. I'm a fairly fast typist, and I feel like I can fly on this keyboard (this post? 2.3 seconds). So, anybody out there used both?

12. Cool6324 macrumors member

I am a long time iBook user; the macbook's keyboard is 150% times better than the ibook's. It is sturdy vs the spongy keyboard on the ibook. You will love the macbook.

13. dino0829 macrumors member

Awesome. Yet another reason for me to look forward to the Big Upgrade. Thanks for the input.

14. Phillyzero macrumors regular

Phillyzero

I love the macbook keyboard...the separation, for me, at least gives me a faster and more accurate typing speed and I don't have fat fingers either.

15. Zaeyde macrumors member

At first, I didn't like the keyboard that much. It was too clicky for me and I didn't like the way they keys were separated.

Now, after using it for about a week, I find that I can type more accurately, and the clicky sound isn't too bad. Not a bad keyboard.

16. prancer4apple macrumors newbie

Count me in as another MB keyboard lover!

It has a great feel, and I love the reassuring click. The Powerbook G4 keyboard is kind of soft and spongy, and I don't like it as much. In fact, when I was shopping for my latest computer, it was the thought that the MBP keyboard is still the soft spongy one, that made me decide in favor of the MB.

17. CF Fighter macrumors member

This is the first keyboard I've enjoyed using since I couldn't get my hands on those old IBM monsters with the springs in them a few years back.

18. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

its pretty hard to type on friends laptops, or my dads after typeing on the macbook for a bit.

19. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

I like it but I have a silicon cover to protect it and sometimes I miss a letter - but I'm getting better. Just remember to tap a bit harder.

20. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i much prefer the macbook keyboards now. took a few days to get used to, but my typing speed has increased as a result of using it actually. any 'normal' keyboards feel cramped to me now.

21. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric