That possible MacBook update...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrjaja, Oct 15, 2007.

  1. mrjaja macrumors newbie

    mrjaja

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2007
    Location:
    Glasgow
    #1
    I've been planning to get a lovely, gleaming MacBook when Leopard comes out for quite a while.

    But as you know, there's a rumour that the MacBook could be updated. They say it could be a simple speed bump, or a overhaul with an aluminium body. In addition, MacTactic says that the MacBook is nearing a possible update (it's 86% through it's lifecycle from the day of posting).

    But do you think I should wait for the possible update, or just get one when Leopard is released?

    Thanks a million in advance :)
     
  2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
  3. aethelbert macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago, IL, USA
  4. pieseller macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    #4
    wait.

    cos if an update does appear, for the rest of your macbooks life you will wish you had waited a month or two to get the new one. you say you have been waiting a while, so another month is not going to make much difference. its what im doing. holding out for the update on the MB
     
  5. portuglish08 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2007
    #5
    Wait

    If I were you, I would wait, That's what I'm doing. I'm going to switch from PC to Mac, but I'm waiting for the Mac's to be upgraded. Like the guy said above, if you buy now, when :apple: upgrades in a month or whenever, you will look at you macbook and think, "should I have waited?" Unless you truly need it right now, I would wait, and you might get a redesigned or upgraded macbook! Hopefully a redesigned macbook, that's what I'm looking forward to!
     
  6. AppleAddict! macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2007
    #6
    I am in the same boat but, if they have the same yellowing as the MBP count me out, Think I will buy the current model, as I really think the new imac is fugly and I hope it does not happen to the Macbook.
     
  7. dranakin macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2005
    #7
    So, can we safely assume that if there isn't a refresh of the Macbooks in November, we'll most likely see a redesign in January?
     
  8. jbstew32 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2007
    #8
    personally I'd wait, especially if I didn't need it right away.


    just remember there will ALWAYS be something better coming out, so don't make yourself crazy waiting for the best time to buy. Sometimes you just have to make the jump and do it.
     
  9. mrjaja thread starter macrumors newbie

    mrjaja

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2007
    Location:
    Glasgow
    #9
    Thanks for your advice everyone! :)

    I've noticed that some websites and blogs are saying that Leopard will be the last major product announcement of 2007, and that a possible MacBook update won't be announced until MacWorld next year.

    Also, someone else on an other thread regarding the possibility of aluminium MacBooks says:
    And he's got a good point, but anything could happen...

    Thanks a million once again, greatly appreciated! :)
     
  10. scientia macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2007
    #10
    I'm trying to figure out the same thing mrjaja. I'm a windows user that's fed up and ready to make the switch.

    Would apple do a small upgrade like the speed bump and chipset, and then just a couple months later do a complete overhaul?

    I guess I'm trying to figure out do I wait a month or do I wait a few months? :confused:
     
  11. bentls macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2007
    #11
    well, the thing you have to consider here is, you are never "stuck" with a mac.

    As I have found out recently, portable macs keep they're value really well - I've just sold my iBook G4 on ebay for just short of 350.

    So - personally what I am going to do is buy macbook on leopard release date, and sell if we do get an update soon enough (or indeed when I'm ready) ^_^

    Cant keep waiting, have to dive in at some point!
     

Share This Page