That Software That Wakes You Up at Optimal Time? Using iSight? After REM Sleep...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HappyDude20, Feb 1, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I remember a while back ago, well over a year ago I discovered online a software program only for the Mac intended to help people go to sleep and more importantly wake up.

It utilized your iSight camera taking a photo (silently) every time there was movement, as the camera was positioned to focus on you sleeping, determining when you would be entering a REM sleep cycle and at what times would be best for the program to wake you up.

It was a nifty little program though used a bit of ram to keep up since your iSight camera was on all night. That and the program did a few other interesting things too. I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

I'd love to check this program out again but can't remember it's name. I'm only doing so since I've moved to a new apartment and am looking for a new method to wake me up in the morning aside from my cell phone's loud ring tones.

As of now I'm considering one of these 2:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10740537

Or there is this other alarm clock that you set on the opposite side of your room and have a little laser gun next to you and when the alarm rings in the morning you grab the gun and the alarm won't turn off till you shoot the laser w/ the gun directly into the bulls-eye within the alarm itself on the other side of the room.

2. DeLaO macrumors newbie

Optimal Sleep....

I have yet to find this program. I've been looking, though. Have you been able to track down the name yet?