That was insanely fast!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ashenfang, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ashenfang macrumors member

Long story short, my wife received her iPhone 6+ last friday and over the weekend decided it was too big for her hands. The challenge of using a big phone and holding new born baby was just too much.

I called Verizon Wireless yesterday and asked how to return the 6+ and place an order for a regular 6. She basically said just print the return label for the old phone and send back, once recieved my card would be reimbursed the orginal amount. She then said she could go ahead and place the new order for the 6, which I did. I was given a 11/21 ship by date (which was fine, she still has her 5s to use)

Five minutes ago, I just received and email with a tracking number for the new order! Within less that 24 hours, the new order placed, billed my card, and was picked up by FedEx. Scheduled delivery is Tuesday. The phone ordered was a gold 6, 64gb.

I am shocked at how quick the order processed and shipped, given their website even reflects a 11/21 ship date. Verizon must have received in a butt-load of phones from apple this week!

I guess this is good news for those who are placing new orders or for those waiting?!?!

2. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

The whole business world these days is wired into each other's forecast and schedules via the internet. It's amazing how quickly businesses are reacting these days. My teenaged kids don't think anything of it because they have never known any different and they complain when they have to wait a week for something. But those of us over 40 or maybe 30 can sure remember how it used to be.

3. bwsteg macrumors 6502

Are you aware of the $35 restocking fee that will show up on your next bill?

4. ashenfang thread starter macrumors member

Yes but I asked them to waive it and they obliged.

5. AronDraws macrumors regular

AronDraws

Awesome, I'm supposed to be getting one for work and I figured I'd have to wait few weeks for it once I'm approved. Good to hear!