Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
oh...poo. i have to worry about visuses on my phone now. damn - why did i buy that nokia 7610

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Not a big problem on my old, but still going strong, SE T68i... :)

And even if I replace that, it probably will be with an equally simple phone. No smartphones running Symbian for me, if I can avoid it... I like my phones as simple as possible... :cool:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
combatcolin said:
Havn't had a mobile phone in over 3 years, better quality of life without.
No problem: Just don't order an answering service (even if it's free) and turn off the phone (or at least the sound) whenever you're busy or relaxing... the good life with a cell phone, whenever you need it... ;)

yukon8170

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2004
Bound To Happen

Which is exactly why Apple should come out with their own cell phone.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
what makers besides Nokia use Symbian? any? just curious as to the actual amount of cell phones that may be affected by this

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
PlaceofDis said:
what makers besides Nokia use Symbian? any? just curious as to the actual amount of cell phones that may be affected by this

i know for sure that siemens has licensed it, but i think samsung has it as well.

cdover

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2005
PlaceofDis said:

Hi, um, off the top of my head - Nokia, Siemens, Samsung, Sony Ericsson (although they don't use Nokia's Series 60 Symbian, but Symbian UIQ), BenQ (same thing as SE), Motorola (same thing as SE), various Japanese brand phones only released in Japan, Sendo, Panasonic, Lenovo and Arima (which as well uses Symnian UIQ).

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
There's a virus available to any text message receiving phone.... it's called Jamster or Spamster ... grrrr that crazy frog advert is very very very irritating! I actually tried getting a ringtone from them, they charged me like £3 i didn't get the ringtone and they spam me with 4 or 5 text's at 3am which wakes me up! grrr verry annoying.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
garybUK said:
There's a virus available to any text message receiving phone.... it's called Jamster or Spamster ... grrrr that crazy frog advert is very very very irritating! I actually tried getting a ringtone from them, they charged me like £3 i didn't get the ringtone and they spam me with 4 or 5 text's at 3am which wakes me up! grrr verry annoying.

I'd guess thats called "Adware" or "Spam" but for your mobile life.

Have fun with it. ;)

Just wondering.... why is your phone on at 3 AM?

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
Mechcozmo said:
I'd guess thats called "Adware" or "Spam" but for your mobile life.

Have fun with it. ;)

Just wondering.... why is your phone on at 3 AM?

It's always on under my pillow whilst charging .. probably not the wisest thing to do but it wakes me up when the alarm goes off.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
iGary said:
I'd like to throw mine in the dumpster. I HATE phones.

I swore I'd never get one, and yet... I've had one for a couple years now. The key for me is just knowing you're not subject to everyone's beckoned call. You answer the phone when YOU want to. Otherwise, if it's important, they'll leave a voicemail and you'll get back to them when it's convenient for YOU.

Some people get bent out of shape over that, but I don't care. :)

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
garybUK said:
It's always on under my pillow whilst charging .. probably not the wisest thing to do but it wakes me up when the alarm goes off.

And also bombards your brain with little bits of radiation all night.

I hope you don't keep a loaded gun there too, answering the wrong one could be fatal!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.