Thats it, Mbp is coming next month!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SchneiderMan, Aug 21, 2008.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I always said that apple first needs to take down the last ad for the "new macbook pro" on apple.com/mac, for us to know when to expect the new one to come. so that it today they did it, they took it down it replaced it with a mobile me ad! so im thining we will see the new mbp next month!

what do you guys say?

Attached Files:

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Not sure whether that's a bigger indicator of Apple hinting that the MBP isn't new anymore or thinking that MobileMe is finally stable enough to promote more widely. :)

3. Shot22 macrumors regular

Nice catch! I wonder if it really means anything, though....

4. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

but dont you think its just in time for september? about a month before?
    i think they did that with the iphone too

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Beats me...looks like they got rid of the MBP ad so that they could move the MobileMe ad down from the featured spot, which made room for the new "Get a Mac" commercials ad. Which makes sense since the ads were just posted a couple of days ago.

Do I think new MBPs are coming soon? Yes.

Do I think the removal of the "New MBP" ad from the Mac page is a reliable indicator of that? No. They're balancing a lot of priorities in the products and promotions they're pushing, so certain things will come and go as the balance shifts.

6. macwall macrumors 6502

that would be pretty cool if that's how you can catch the next release

7. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

8. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

Maybe they'll silently update it and then release a new product in September. :)

9. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I believe a new MB and MBP is coming very soon. The Flagship store in S.F. has all the MB, MBP, iPod T, iPod N out of the stock room on to a table on the sales floor.
    I used to work for a big box electronics store and that was one way to drive floor business an move "to be discontinue" inventory.

Something is coming..... soon.

10. iOrlando macrumors 68000

guys guys..everyone and their pet chipmunks know updates will be coming in the next few weeks. Their isnt any point to debate/discuss "if" there will be one. The question is what week.

I still feel first-second week of October with a possible early announcement last week of September.

11. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

I second this. If they go sooner it will conflict with the school promotion. Later, and they may as well announce at Macworld SF. They pretty much have to update because it's been over 6 months since the last refresh... and it's highly unlikely that they will go much longer or they risk losing new customers. Right now, they are unloading old stock on college students before they release the new stuff at end of September.

12. iOrlando macrumors 68000

Yep. I ususally feel like the only one who says late september/early october. Apple isnt stupid. They wont release new things 1 week after the ipod promotional ends. It would tick off alot of loyal customers and apple knows the bad PR that can arise from that. Also..as seen on this site...the longer you make people wait..the more they want it...

2 ways apple can go...

1) simple press release...very little talk...let the online boys carry it and then start the public marketing in October....(if anyone can pull this off..apple is the company...but i just dont know...2 of the 3 main product lines being updated...and no one-day conference??)
    2) announce morning presentation...for early october...introduce the goods...(also announce a new product (all the discussion on the last earnings call)). I am starting to think this scenario is more likely. A bigger release in the fall..with a smaller update next year...

but only steve knows....

13. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

They released new products DURING the promotion last year and new iPods during the promotion two years ago. Neither of them were eligible for the promotion. Both sold phenomenally well.

14. jojo13 macrumors 6502

jojo13

Yeah but that's not the same thing :
    1. releasing new products DURING the promo gives the choice to normal people (that don't know if it's new or old) the choice between a new product or an old but with an iPod
    2. releasing new products JUST AFTER the promo makes feel the normal people bad( it gives bad reputation to apple)

Or if they wait like almost a month after... it'll be fine

Still, can't wait for the new macbook and macbook pro:D:D:D

15. nayxn2nayxn macrumors member

Sometimes...I feel like finding out about Macrumors was a bad idea. I wonder what would I have if I never knew such sites...

This site is like a drug...you keep coming back for it haha

16. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

lol thats because we (the USA#1) will get it first

17. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

18. ColonelBlaha macrumors newbie

if you click on the mbp on the page the initial image still says "The New, More Powerful MacBook Pro."
    not trying to disprove that there will be updates soon, just saying that I don't think taking down that ad to promote a newer product (mobileme) means anything

19. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

they still say that the core 2 duo is the latest processor while centrino 2 is in all the new laptops now

20. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

There was a very similar thread about taking a "New Macbook Pro" banner off the web page, where the person thought it meant an update...turns out it wasn't. So, I'm quite skeptical that this would have anything to do with an update.

21. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

Oh I'm sorry Orlando, you must be right huh? Are you a psychic?

Unless you're SJ or one of his lackeys, there is no way to say for SURE when they new computers will be coming. It could be Sept or Oct. But what if it doesn't come then? Are you going to back and then say maybe late Oct, Early Nov. ? :p

Of course though there isn't any reason to debate 'if' there will be one. ALL computers are updated at some point in their lifecycle (or go to product hell (discontinued) and disappear) :D