Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryanrs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2016
Apple needs to allow Display Zoom for the 10.5" iPad Pro. They were right to remove the Display Zoom option from the 12.9" model because stretching the 9.7" iPads resolution to 12.9" looked ridiculous. But stretching the 9.7" iPads resolution to 10.5" is arguably how it should have always been! Yes, it wouldn't be "pixel perfect" but I use an iPhone 6S Plus every day and I've never noticed any scaling artifacts or ugliness, even while looking for it. The 10.5" iPad Pro is 264ppi and at that viewing distance, no human would notice any scaling artifacts, so this is a non issue. I'm posting this because I know display zoom on the 10.5" iPad Pro would be a great experience, even for people that do not have vision problems! It shouldn't be viewed as an accessibility setting as much as a preference. I use my iPad Pro as my main computer and using it for such long periods of time, it would be more comfortable to have things slightly larger. (I do not have any vision problems, I get my eyes checked regularly)

bryanrs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2016
I use the 1st gen 9.7" iPad Pro and was looking to get the 10.5", but many people online say there is no display zoom option...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.