Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robert1998

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2017
Developer Website currently down. Maybe an update is coming today.

108605bc5c748d9cc08e370e392f4529.jpg

Is their site still showing that?

larryak

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2016
SF Bay Area
Don’t think we’ll get anything this week, Apple was on vacation.

Last year a release went out just a few days after New Years. So don’t count this week out just yet.
That being said, many schools are on winter break all week. So likely not fully staffed. The roadways this morning were fairly light traffic.

sunny2k1

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Someone within the developer community expects nothing until Apple fixed the Month 13 issue completely. Within Apple that issue is regarded as the issue to solve. Why? Some older devices (like iPhone 6, iPod) are affected the most (bad system responsiveness, heavy load on the battery). The problem with the phone/voice mail back in the beta version was obviously one side effect of this month 13 thing. More side effects have been popping up the last few days (incorrect awarding of the New Years Achievement, destroying streaks in the Activity App). Even updating apps shall be an issue (late appearance of updates up to several weeks).

The same issues occur on old Mac devices.

The same source proclaims that this is an issue within SWIFT. For macOS they needed to update SWIFT first, prior updating macOS.

Reactions: atlchamp and jhall8

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Someone within the developer community expects nothing until Apple fixed the Month 13 issue completely. Within Apple that issue is regarded as the issue to solve. Why? Some older devices (like iPhone 6, iPod) are affected the most (bad system responsiveness, heavy load on the battery). The problem with the phone/voice mail back in the beta version was obviously one side effect of this month 13 thing. More side effects have been popping up the last few days (incorrect awarding of the New Years Achievement, destroying streaks in the Activity App). Even updating apps shall be an issue (late appearance of updates up to several weeks).

The same issues occur on old Mac devices.

The same source proclaims that this is an issue within SWIFT. For macOS they needed to update SWIFT first, prior updating macOS.
Interesting info. So potentially the next beta should have that fixed then, or release?

sunny2k1

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Interesting info. So potentially the next beta should have that fixed then, or release?

As soon as it is fixed completely, it might justify an iOS 11.2.2 or 11.2.3 update. The updates between iOS iOS 11.2.1 and iOS 11.2.5 might only be for this issue.

Apple was sobered and suprised that iOS 11.2 and iOS 11.2.1 only were "placebos" and didn't solve the issue completely. It is rumoured that Apple was forced to push back the HomePod until "early 2018" due to this issue as it made the HomePod unusable.

Adding to @Mlrollin91 : Don't forget that iOS 11.2.1 only was shipped due to the HomeKit vulnerability. Otherwise we might have been still on iOS 11.2.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i just want the iMessages out of order issue to be fixed.. its driving me nuts having to scroll up to read some texts that should be below my response.. hopefully its included in 11.2.2 or 11.2.5. whichever is next. it even happens on my brand new iPhone X that I got last weekend...

an update today would be nice...

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Whenever the next update is I hope they fixed some things. I'd rather wait longer and get a better release and honestly I'm pretty tired of apple and these ios11 releases. My issue has been small but it's been fixed and broken several times now, since ios11.0 I've had releases with working carplay and releases which broke carplay. The current 11.2.1 release is one of the broken ones, I haven't tried the latest beta and probably won't because I don't want things to break even more than they already have.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Whenever the next update is I hope they fixed some things. I'd rather wait longer and get a better release and honestly I'm pretty tired of apple and these ios11 releases. My issue has been small but it's been fixed and broken several times now, since ios11.0 I've had releases with working carplay and releases which broke carplay. The current 11.2.1 release is one of the broken ones, I haven't tried the latest beta and probably won't because I don't want things to break even more than they already have.
THe betas are more stable than the final release in the case of iOS 11. The release version faced more issues than the betas did this year.

Bobout

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2017
Apple Valley
Apple is trying to give us what we want out of an operating system and its causing issues.. If we didn't complain all the time for new features vs a simple phone that just makes calls, text messages and took pictures they perfected that years ago.. FYI I'm not saying any particular person is complaining more than others I'm just trying to point out we are just as much to blame for this because we expect new things all the time.. I'm to the point I just want what we have to work anymore... my 2 cents

Reactions: Martyimac

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I'm just trying to point out we are just as much to blame for this because we expect new things all the time.. I'm to the point I just want what we have to work anymore... my 2 cents
Not really. New features are fine as long as everything is in functional order. It's Apple's job to make sure of that, not the customers.

Reactions: Chazzle and jhall8

sunny2k1

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Apple should stop working on iOS 12 and concentrate on fixing iOS 11 first.

You're funny. Do you - as developer (employer is not relevenant) -prefer working on bug fixing or the exciting, fancy new stuff? There you go.

THe betas are more stable than the final release in the case of iOS 11. The release version faced more issues than the betas did this year.

I highly doubt that. A final version is only as good as its betas. The main glitches were introduced with iOS 11/watchOS/tvOS/macOS. My guess, Apple wants to introduce too much features alongside the new iPhones and iPad Pro lineup. For iPads, IOS 11 was la radical in using and behavior.

In addition to the new iPhone features (e.g. Apple Pay Cash, new Control Center and adjustments for FaceID on iPhone X) it was way too many features which shifted the focus from security issue and bug fixing.

My biggest problem here: A lot of people use the public beta program to have the new and fancy software instead of actually supporting Apple to solve the problems.

Apple is trying to give us what we want out of an operating system and its causing issues.. If we didn't complain all the time for new features vs a simple phone that just makes calls, text messages and took pictures they perfected that years ago.. FYI I'm not saying any particular person is complaining more than others I'm just trying to point out we are just as much to blame for this because we expect new things all the time.. I'm to the point I just want what we have to work anymore... my 2 cents

One could argue that. But the main problem: High Sierra was announced as a Snowlepard kind of release (only with the File System for SSD). And finally it's as buggy as hell (root-issue, Month 13 issue, Password-bug for encrypted drives).

Not really. New features are fine as long as everything is in functional order. It's Apple's job to make sure of that, not the customers.

Which main features have been available (only APC)? Everything else (iMessage in the cloud, AirPlay 2) is still missing. My guess Apple shifted the focus from its software development to the iPhone development. In the end, a product is only as good as it software-

Is iOS 10.3.3 affected by the month 13 bug?

No. iOS 10 and older are not affected (same for watchOS, macOS and tvOS)

Last edited:

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I highly doubt that. A final version is only as good as its betas. The main glitches were introduced with iOS 11/watchOS/tvOS/macOS. My guess, Apple wants to introduce too much features alongside the new iPhones and iPad Pro lineup. For iPads, IOS 11 was la radical in using and behavior.

In addition to the new iPhone features (e.g. Apple Pay Cash, new Control Center and adjustments for FaceID on iPhone X) it was way too many features which shifted the focus from security issue and bug fixing.

My biggest problem here: A lot of people use the public beta program to have the new and fancy software instead of actually supporting Apple to solve the problems.
That may be partially true but they get plenty of the same feedback version after version and same issues seem to get ignored quite frequently. Take the calculator app for example. Like 20+ versions or more of an iOS 11 (including betas) to finally address it. Same for a lot of other issues as well, so it would seem Apple is ignoring or taking its time to address the feedback they already get more than they are not getting enough feedback. IMHO.

Reactions: cale508
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.