The 128kps option

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Razeus, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Razeus macrumors 601

I'm my iPhone, I want to fit more music and not too concerned with sound quality since I only use it at the office, jogging, with the stock earbuds. If I select the 128kbps option, does it change anything on my computer? I'll my songs are ripped in high quality and I don't want them affected. Also, when I delete (I change out songs alot), does iTunes auto-delete those files? I don't want a bunch of 128 bit files dumped back into my computer.

2. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Dunno, but i always make 3 copies of my music folders. One is for FLAC versions and the other is for the MP3's i converted them to, I make two backups of the mp3s on different drives. I would do that then just pick one and convert it to 128.

The quality should not be extremely noticeable through ipods/media players. But once you hook it up to a real good quality home stereo or car stereo system the difference will be noticeable.

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

All that happens is that the music is converted to 128Kbps as it is being copied to the phone. Nothing changes on your computer. If you want to later sync the original versions back onto the phone, just uncheck the 128Kbps box and the original copies will then sync back onto the phone.

It takes allot of time to convert to 128Kbps. I had about 2800 songs that would take about 5-6 hours to sync.

4. 3v0 macrumors member

anyone know how many 128kbps files can fit on the 16gb iphone 4?
    I have about 4000 songs and want to know how many to cut out.

5. gage006 macrumors regular

gage006

I have about 3k and it all fit with 3 gigs left over. I'm betting you'd fit it all, with maybe less than a gig left over.

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

U can fit them all.