The 2.4 20" refurb thread. Interesting indeed.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Dont Hurt Me, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Now that we have the new OS.1 bug fixes and firmware fixing on the new 2600 Pro iMac perhaps its an excellent time to snag a refurbished machine at Apple? Any thoughts appreciated.

2. danny-bonaducci macrumors member

I have considered it, but the discount is simply not that great for the risk. I have purchased a couple of the 17" whites, both with close to a 30% discount. The 20 alum is only $200 under retail, plus if you go to someone like Amazon or even the Apple education store you are looking at a refurb for only $100 under retail. At this point, I am still waiting to see what black Friday will provide, but I would rather pay the extra $100 and get something brand new..

In my mind, I need to see at least a 20% discount on a refurb before I will go near it...

-DB

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

$200 bucks is $200 bucks:D Anyways I pulled the plug lets see what happens.

4. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Refurbished.....

I am guessing that most of the 20" iMacs that were returned by customers, (some returning more than 3), and only booted a few times etc., would be more than perfect!

If anyone wanted to save $200.00 on a new machine, it would still be a pretty good deal. Also not everyone can get an educational discount!

5. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This is sort of what Im thinking, many of these things either got a new videocard or a firmware fix either way new machines for less way I see it.

6. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Well the refurb came and seems to be well worth it..... so far:) The 20 inch is huge.

7. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Don't Hurt Me

Glad to see you received your 20" iMac.....I am lovin my 24" iMac and the 24" is even bigger.....enjoy and glad you saved $200.00.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Refurbs are excellent. Never had a problem with any I bought.

You say the 20" is huge now but you get used to it. I still have my 20" iMac G5 and am eying a 24", those look friggin' huge. :D

9. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thanks guys, Im giving this thing a workout,watching a dvd,downloading a game and surfing the net etc. I tell you what, this is a ideal desktop from what I have seen so far. Even the small speakers sound pretty darn good for the size. One word and thats WoW! This is a very sweet set up.