Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Repo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
If this is indeed an edited picture, I would just like to complement the editor on a job well done considering the shadows. The mini-display port has even depth when looking at the shadow, compared to the other ports.

PutzMan

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
London
On the USBs

Thinking about the USBs compared to the MB and the iMac.

MB: Speakers, Webcam, Keyboard and Trackpad inbuilt. 2 USB ports. (Effectively 3 used)
iMac: Speakers, Webcam inbuilt. 3 USB ports (2 used)
This Mac Mini: Nothing inbuilt: 5 USB ports.

5 USBs are perfectly possibly, and would all be used. On my MB I have a 4-port hub out of each USB port, holding my Printer, External HD, External Keyboard, External Mouse, External Speakers (Power), USB Stick, and my Webcam.....

All depends on what :apple: feels is economically viable...

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Thinking about the USBs compared to the MB and the iMac.

MB: Speakers, Webcam, Keyboard and Trackpad inbuilt. 2 USB ports. (Effectively 3 used)
iMac: Speakers, Webcam inbuilt. 3 USB ports (2 used)
This Mac Mini: Nothing inbuilt: 5 USB ports.

5 USBs are perfectly possibly, and would all be used. On my MB I have a 4-port hub out of each USB port, holding my Printer, External HD, External Keyboard, External Mouse, External Speakers (Power), USB Stick, and my Webcam.....

All depends on what :apple: feels is economically viable...

Good point. You really need speakers, keyboard and mouse to use a computer. Now I don't see that so unrealistic

PutzMan

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
London
plus 2 on the keyboard

But, you are using one of the ports on the iMac for the keyboard. It takes you down to 4 ports. One of which would be powering your Mouse, takes you down to 3.

That is unless you use the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, which then takes away 2 USB ports from the keyboard, but then gives them back to you directly into the iMac.

This confuses me.... :D

PutzMan

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
London
Unless you have a bluetooth keyboard...

Also Putzman, the Mac Mini does have a built in speaker you know...?

Fair enough. I've never used one as I have been waiting for these updates. I went out and bought a second hand MacBook instead that has served me well since September.

bensen

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Berlin
jdv1235086911p.jpg

PeterQC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
The when the air holes aren't covered in fragments then?

And you're using a overly pixelated, information affected image then claim that the last one isn't parallel. hardly proving anything. Also, Never heard of lens distorting?

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Unless you have a bluetooth keyboard...

Also Putzman, the Mac Mini does have a built in speaker you know...?

But, let's be honest. The speakers are utter garbage and I don't know why in God's earth anyone would use them. They're quieter than the iPhone speakers!

tuc

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2003
Blatant photoshop action going on there. Look at the logo for the DVI display still centered between the two ports, the same location as the current mini.

But it's not in exactly the same spot. In the current mini the display
logo is centered below one of the ventilation holes. Here's a photo:
http://img.hexus.net/v2/lifestyle/reviews/apple/macmini/mac_mini_back_c.jpg

On monthy's image it has moved slightly to the left, so the left part
of the display logo is below a divider between ventilation slots.

Flying Dutchman

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
No one here doesn't find it odd, that the design hasn't been changed at all? I mean, not there is anything wrong with it, but, even the oddly shaped power button is the same. I'd very much like to see the top, see how the color scheme is. Still though, think its a fake. Don't know why, but I think so.

Willravel

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2008
I found another real picture!

Now I can hook up my Apple keyboard, iPod, iPhone, printer, USB speakers, USB mic, external hard drive, and my digital camera, leaving the USB ports on my keyboard for my wireless laser mouse and my USB flash drive.

Edit: BTW, made proudly on Appleworks!

Mike1001000

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver BC
5 USB Ports?

I am not an expert in detecting photoshopped images... But there are some features on that picture that don't seem very Apple like.

For one, Apple designs never seem to give the impression "ah, lets see how many ports we can fit on this one" and having five USB ports kind of gives me that impression.

The same thing goes for two different display ports. Can't that kind of compatibility be accomplished with an adapter? Except maybe for the Firewire/USB duality, Apple has always been able to decide on a technology and offer an adapter when necessary.

Finally Apple always seems to come up with a cheeper and better way to do their enclosures, and I feel that that time has come for the Mac Mini. Also, re-releasing a Mac in that plastic enclosure wouldn't make sense considering the stronger focus on environmental issues lately. And yes, I don't think it would look good beside a new LED Display, and I consider that a very strong point.

I may be wrong, but definitely looking forward to finding out.
(still using the first edition G4 Mini!)

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom

Now I can hook up my Apple keyboard, iPod, iPhone, printer, USB speakers, USB mic, external hard drive, and my digital camera, leaving the USB ports on my keyboard for my wireless laser mouse and my USB flash drive.

bahahahahahahahahahahahaha thats funny!!! gotta love that. appleworks is the best!

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
Its a fake pic. The way that object is supposed to be sitting on that woodgranied table is off. The angle would be different between the machine and the grain.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008

Completely fake, don't you know there must be one more USB port for a USB card reader?

I like AppleWorks too. :)

(On another note, I do not completely doubt the authenticity of the original supposedly leaked image…)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.