the 27" imac saga

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 32gb3gwifi, Aug 5, 2011.

1. 32gb3gwifi macrumors member

well my story begins with a purchase from the refurbished store online. i purchased this computer. purchased on july 13

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC813LL/A?mco=MjMxMjQ0NDQ

i recieved it on july 20. it had dead pixels:mad:. took it to the apple store and they replaced my screen with a new one. the second one had a yellow tinge on the screen:mad:. so the tech decided to replace my computer and give me a BRAND NEW ONE.:D.

so i took it home and started it up. 15 seconds later, the fans went up to hyper speed and never slowed down. so i the next day i went back to the store. which was today.

so the tech already had a replacement ready for me, but he decided to set this one up in store so we could make sure everything was A ok. so he sets it up and powers it on. COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY DEAD, NOTHING. i was in shock. so he went back and got one from a different shipment and this one is pretty good. perfect screen no noises other than the hdd which is reading and writing a little louder than before but no worries after that.

so in conclusion, apple customer service is AWESOME. free upgrade and friendly understanding employees.

BUT, there is no excuse for these extremely defective machines, bad luck? i dont think so.

2. Hamilton1963 macrumors regular

At the end it was a GREAT deal, you've got a brand new computer for the price of a refurbished. :cool:

3. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

I don't know you just got unlucky with that refurb or what. (well maybe you remember me a few days ago when discussing about refurbs having that "risks")

But I'm glad you can have the new replacement with no additional cost. Maybe it's one of the perks when buying refurb :D .. But what kind of replacement did you get? a brand new one? or another refurb stock? They only replace the unit, or the whole package?

I don't know if Apple going to do the same with everyone who has same problem with you, or you're just being lucky. Congratulation anyway

4. 32gb3gwifi thread starter macrumors member

i got a completely brand new one. they took all of my old equipment and handed me a brand new sealed computer. you know with the pretty box:p. i think that if you take a defective refurb in to an apple store and speak to the right tech. you could have the same luck as me. the genius that help me was completely awesome. the only quarrel i have is the constant trips to the apple store. but in the end i got a brand new computer for $1,439.:D:apple::D

5. mac-ho macrumors member

6. 32gb3gwifi thread starter macrumors member

i guess with my savings i could aford to buy him some tylenol :rolleyes: