iPad mini The $329 price

Discussion in 'iPad' started by qawsed27, Nov 2, 2012.

1. qawsed27 macrumors member

Apple is so smart. $329 is perfect. It's just above the comfort level of the "paycheck to paycheck", "I don't get paid until next Friday" people. They're evident by their constant complaining and bashing, moaning that they think it should be priced lower.

Why is this a good thing for Apple? These folks are pining SO HARD for the mini. They want it so bad they can taste it. And of course, at some point they'll give in. Maybe they'll make it until the mini 2 is out, maybe not. But either way, they will buy. Apple realizes that the mini isn't a must have. It's just a smaller iPad, something most already have. You have to make them WANT it, and that's exactly what Apple is doing.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. ryan.hollis macrumors newbie

You are so right. It's making them crazy, isn't it?

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

seriously dude ... I think you are thinking too hard on figuring out their strategy.

5. qawsed27 thread starter macrumors member

I think you're missing the point of my post.

6. ryan.hollis macrumors newbie

I think they're probably hurting that they're the type of people you mentioned in your first paragraph. I guess it's not payday today?

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

you may be right ... what is the point of your post?

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I thought he was just being sarcastic.

9. nickftw8686 macrumors regular

Some from what I am reading, poorer people are complaining about the price and then may or may not buy one, and then the richer people are able to buy one and are not complaining about the price.. Sounds like anything in life lol.