The 380-400 Mile Trip

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Counterfit, May 12, 2007.

1. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

My inspiration.

Anyways, my friend, his friend, and I are driving to Baltimore for the last weekend of July, and since we live in RI, we pretty much have to go through or around NYC. We'd save a bit of time and mileage (15 miles, about 25-ish minutes) by not taking the Tappan Zee and Garden State Parkway, but I was wondering what traffic is like on the higways around noon-ish (which I figure we'd get there by, after leaving somewhere between 8 and 9AM), specifically 95 into the city, onto the Cross-Bronx, then across the GW bridge, and following 95 down to B-more.

Cliff Notes: What's traffic like on I-95 from the I-287 merge/split in Rye/Port Chester CT, and where the Garden State Parkway meets I-95 in NJ?

2. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Traffic around noon isn't so bad. I do question why you would actually want to take the GSP (Garden State Parkway) instead of just taking I95. 95 to me is actually easier considering you go through NJ go over the Delaware Memorial Bridge and then you'll be in MD. Just a thought.

EDIT: Misread that. 95 around NY shouldn't be too bad around noon... unless there is a Yankee game. And luckily for you there isn't one.

EDITx2: The GSP and I95 do not meet.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I-95 anywhere on the CT shore won't be good anytime in July, get past the CT state line before 10 am.

4. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

Unluckily for me, I have to drive right by Camden Yards just before the Skankees play there. :rolleyes:
    Yes they do.

I presume you mean the NY/CT line. That might be a challenge. Perhaps another route through CT? We have to pick someone up in Middletown anyway. Would taking Rt 15 to the Hutchinson State Pkwy then 287 be any better? Damn beach traffic.

5. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Camden Yards traffic isn't too bad. I highly suggest visting there if you already haven't. Extremely beatiful stadium.

In regards to, GSP and I95 that's an overpass. No need to worry as there isn't an exit there.