Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
It's actually the iPhone 5 but to make leaks harder etc, they started called the 5 4S internally. All those inventory leaks we've seen, its all 4S. The iTunes Beta leak was also a 4S. And look what Apple have done, we are all but certain of existence of a 4S but most of us are doubtful of a 5 this year. In this age where competition is so fierce and fast, I wont be surprised if Apple went all out in protecting their latest flagship.

And please don't burn me.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
It's actually the iPhone 5 but to make leaks harder etc, they started called the 5 4S internally. All those inventory leaks we've seen, its all 4S. The iTunes Beta leak was also a 4S. And look what Apple have done, we are all but certain of existence of a 4S but most of us are doubtful of a 5 this year. In this age where competition is so fierce and fast, I wont be surprised if Apple went all out in protecting their latest flagship.

its possible. after the leak of the iPhone 4. it would be an easy way to fool everyone as the chassis hasn't been seen yet. tomorrow will tell :)

AIP5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
It's very possible.

I mean, they have to know that beta software is always looked over by tinkerers and rumor sites, so I find it very hard to believe that they left the iPhone 4S string accidentally.

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW
It's possible, but don't get your hopes up. Wait, they already are.

There will be alot of unhappy people tomorrow.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I don't think simply calling it something different would prevent a leak. People want to see a leaked iPhone, they don't care what it's called.

griffinmeyer

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2011
Orange County, CA

Aha

iPadThai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2010
I will bet my left testicle that there will be an iPhone 5 debut tomorrow. In fact, here is my address; send a mod from macrumors over and I will allow the surgery to be taped in HD too:

1601 Ridgewood Road
Buffalo, New York 14220

Make sure you knock - my door bell is broken.;)

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
I will bet my left testicle that there will be an iPhone 5 debut tomorrow. In fact, here is my address; send a mod from macrumors over and I will allow the surgery to be taped in HD too:

1601 Ridgewood Road
Buffalo, New York 14220

I would have to quote you on that sir. :eek:

0x000000

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2011

1601 Ridgewood Road
Buffalo, New York 14220

Yeah, please do that with my testicle too, if Apple only manages to release a speedbump after 16 Months. My address is

Tim Cook
1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014

Make sure you break in at night – my door bell is broken ;)

iPadThai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah, please do that with my testicle too, if Apple only manages to release a speedbump after 16 Months. My address is

Tim Cook
1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014

Make sure you break in at night – my door bell is broken ;)

Mr Cook - if you don't release something new after 16 months, both your testicles won't be enough to cover the damages you have done to Apple's reputation. You're gonna have to chop off that sausage link as well.

Juan007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
It could be true. Expect the unexpected tomorrow. Apple has more than one trick up their sleeves...

kfergiez

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
I'm not holding my breathe for much other than the iOS upgrades. As far as phones go, I think that if Apple doesn't put out a phone with 4G speeds and a different form factor after 16 months, it will bite them in the rear.

Number 41

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
They'd be crazy to actually call it the iPhone 4S -- they're already going to risk getting a backlash from writers and fans over their continued use of a form factor that got negative press for shattering glass backs, antennagate, etc., why emphasize the fact that they're serving you a new lunch in the same tired box?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.