The 6 Plus attracting unwanted attention...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozziegn, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

We went out today for some shopping and I was surprised at how many people randomly came up to us asking us "wow! Is that the new iPhone?"

The first couple people were okay but then it started to get on our nerves. Of course we were always polite to the "askers" but jeez. We kinda felt like celebrities but in an annoyed kinda way.

Anyone else having this experience with their new iPhones?

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Had my 6 out and friend had their 6+ out, no traffic to speak of.
    Went to lunch, then Starbucks then the mall.

3. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Crazy thing was I went into the Apple Store today to get a case, the Apple employee who helped me was super excited about seeing it, wanted to play with it. Just thought it was funny, I would have thought they'd seen a lot of them in the last 30 hours or so. But they sold out of them quickly on launch day and today had no stock of the Plus whatsoever.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You should be careful not to attract unwanted attention.
    People know they are worth a lot of money and are very high in demand right now so I'd try not to display them in public much.

5. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

I spent all day on Netropolitan and everyone there has Vertus. So no.

6. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

My experience wasn't necessarily unwanted attention, but yesterday during one of the classes I taught, I pulled out my 6+ to check the time, since the clock on the back of the room is a little far for me to see. I didn't really think anything of it, but a couple of my students kind of did the "scrunched face, head tilted" look, and said, "Wait...what kind of phone is that?" When I told them what it was, a few of them flipped out and wanted to get a closer look. Oh, college kids...

(I should add that I picked up my phone from UPS in the morning before I headed to campus, which is why some of the students were surprised, since those in the know didn't think I'd have it yet)

7. leenak macrumors 68020

Went to Best Buy, they had both of the phones out and although I saw people buying iPhones (and iPhone 6 cases), no one was touching the demo iPhone 6s which I thought kind of weird.

8. Batman89 macrumors 6502

Yes, had 4 people randomly come up to me as I was using my phone outside of class asking to see it.

It surprised me because I have the 6, but I suppose it's noticeable.

9. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

10. hypno macrumors regular

Lol. Such a better problem to have.