The absolute worst thing about getting a 64GB iPad 3G...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by boss1, Apr 29, 2010.

1. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

2. odyssey924 macrumors regular

I would have said paying the $829 for it is the worst thing...

3. LinMac macrumors 65816

I'll be working about that tomorrow after waiting since March 12th for it to ship. :D

4. IrishTiger macrumors regular

ha me too... I was already thinking how long it's going to take. And what the heck and I supposed to do while it syncs?!?! AHhhhhhh! haha

5. elleana macrumors regular

Are you syncing your entire music, video and app library?

6. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

I plan to sync a few gigs then play with it. Then I'll put the rest on later...much later.

7. Maven1975 macrumors 6502a

8. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

There is not a difference in battery life between different sizes is there? The slight extra battery drain applies to any of them when 3G is being used.

9. Godzirra! macrumors regular

Godzirra!

syncing it up to around 50 GB will take between 30- an hour. That was the most annoying thing for me too. but yes, paying $829 is gonna suck. Really bad. dont they want me to get a macbook too?

10. WalledMacGarden macrumors regular

For me it's just buying an Apple product,:p it's for the parents, but I feel it's the best tablet out by far.
    Somehow I feel I'm being drawn into the cult of Steve.:eek::D

11. Bierp macrumors member

Bierp

I'm in agreement here. I wouldn't say I was anti-Apple per say, but the whole fanboy mentality kind of drove me away.

In the past two months I bought my wife a 3gs iPhone and ordered a 64gb 3g iPad. Hey, pass me that Kool-Aid. :D

12. GoHack macrumors member

Owning the 32 gb iPhone 3GS, and having it maxed out w/music, movies, and applications, I figured the more memory the better. ;)

The syncing doesn't take that long w/it. :confused:

13. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

I am siked about today and hope to see the advantage of the bigger screen! I got the apple case, but am looking for a better case and a better messenger bag. I also have the new macbook pro as well. So, perhaps, a messenger bag that can carry macbook pro, iPad, iphone 3gs, and accessories to go! I did get the apple wireless keyboard, too. I am looking into the dropbox thing! I am looking for some good note taking apps. I am planning to get the iWork suite, but am hoping for a better office like ms office 2011 for mac and hopefully for the iPad. Has any developer answer the OneNote from ms office by adding better features and such? Me am eager to spend many hours at starbucks !!

14. FlashHead macrumors regular

Sleep.

15. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

The initial sync will take quite a while as iTunes has to copy all selected media files over to the device. Syncs after that should be relatively short.

16. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Worst thing about getting a 16GB iPad 3G is choosing what to put on it. :p I don't need more than 16 though, the videos I would put on a larger iPad I would almost never watch anyway. I know that from my iPhone experience.

17. pkdoyle macrumors member

IIRC, Apple claims the battery life of the 3G version is 9 hours vs 10 hours for WiFi only models. There is no battery life difference based on capacity that I have heard of.

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

+1

19. jamone13 macrumors regular

I got my Apple case weeks ago and tried it on wife's WiFi iPad and found I didn't mind it except for the seams that stick out. My prefered position is resting it on my stomach/chest while in bed/couch and it was just uncomfortable. So I returned it. I got the http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elan-passport-ipad case and its very nice. It actually looks good and its really easy to take off the iPad so I use it naked while on sofa or bed.

20. darceth macrumors newbie

I am a soldier in Afghanistan... the only thing that sucks is waiting for it to get here since I have to use another shipper to accept it... but hey it will be worth it...

Have fun everyone:D

:apple:Macbook Pro 15"
    :apple:iTouch 8gb

21. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

I could say the same about the 30" ACD...

22. illutionz macrumors 65816

Thank goodness I will NOT be syncing 64GB worth of stuff. Converting 200x~5GB MKV files will take days.... Air Video is win!

23. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

United States armed forces? If so, God bless you. Thank you for your heroism and service. Without you, our liberty may be faltered.

24. eldo33 macrumors regular

No, $829 plus tax, case and accessories..around $1000 like a macbook.

25. tacoshell macrumors regular

Got the 64 GB wifi, and the first day I just synced the apps, a couple movies and a couple songs and it was really quick. Set it up to sync more movies when I went to bed though, might have taken longer.