The Antenna IS an issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andy-V, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Andy-V macrumors 6502

Seems we've got a few people here declaring there is nothing wrong with iPhone 4 and agreeing with Jobs that it's a non-issue.

When I hold my iPhone in my left hand, the signal is totally lost. That is an issue and it's not fine.

I'm very happy for the people who's signals are fine or don't mind having to never hold the phone in one hand. But I can't use my new phone when holding it the way I naturally want to. That is an issue and it needs to be resolved. End of.

It's not like you have to hold the phone upside down with each thumb on opposite corners of the device for it not to work. It doesn't work when held like many people hold it (including Steve Jobs himself as proven by images going around). In fact, there's a good chance that's why he was having issues during the keynote.

A phone that loses all signal when touched is simply a broken phone. How can that even be debated? So quit posting that it's not an issue because it doesn't effect you.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Another thread on this!!!! I'm going ram my head into the wall. If it hurts I'm blaming Apple.

3. steemax macrumors regular

steemax

May I join :rolleyes:

no but seriously according to apple its a software issue... I find it hard to believe that a software update can fix something physical -_- OR theyrre just trying to decieve the public by changing the animation of the signal bars to make it look like we have signal when we really don't LOL

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I’m going to beat you to it.

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Too late. I have a pounding headache and its all Apple's fault for the way they designed the iPhone 4. Make sure you add "causes migraines" to the list of iPhone defects.

6. bentrider macrumors member

WHAT???!!!! There's an antenna issue with the iPhone 4!!!! Holy sheep ****!!!! I had no idea!!!!

(Google's Nexus One had the same issue and they fixed it with software, BTW.)

7. Andy-V thread starter macrumors 6502

This is just a thread to counter the one that says it's not an issue. I can't stand the idea of nothing ever bring done about it and it needs all the press and attention it can get.

8. bentrider macrumors member

There are about 34 threads to counter "the one that says it's not an issue".

9. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Other than all the other threads, this one is not enough for you:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=949790

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

And please wear clothes if you are posting a full body photo.