The Antenna Issue is DEFINITELY worse than this.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Amnesia87, Jul 19, 2010.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

WOW that's a major problem for Droid X users!

2. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

But I thought the droid x was perfect?

Oh wait. No phones are.

3. macfan881 macrumors 68020

4. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Yeah but at least they can just swap it out for a new phone and have it totally fixed lol

5. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

I don't need to swap mine out, and it works perfectly fine :) best phone ever!

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Except this issue can be fixed by a replacement, it isn't an inherent design flaw. :p

7. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

8. automatickyle macrumors regular

Haha you don't give up. I guess persistence is one thing you've got. I run into your posts in about every thread. Just quit trying to sell water to a well.

9. Amnesia87 thread starter macrumors 6502

I swapped my iPhone for a totally new fixed phone because there was a spec of dust under the glass.

I think you need to do a bit of research on what easily means, my phone lives in my pocket with my keys and there are no scratches to be found not to mention that cracking breaking and scratching are all due to user damage.

Regardless my point was not that the iPhone is without issues, it was that ALL electronic devices have problems.

Hell I used to do tech support for Samsung for bluray players, and while I haven't seen any press about it, their BD-P1590,1600,3600,4600 players have a fairly common issue where the firmware becomes corrupted (we were told to say it was due to the player failing an update and sometimes it was, but other times there was no discernable cause) This problem required the player to be shipped back and refurbished. I took 40-80 calls a day and I would say about 60-75% of all the calls I took related to this issue.

The ONLY reason this antenna issue got such large press is that Apple is on top, and there are SOOOO many of the phones out there that the issue appeared "widespread"

10. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

I'm not usually a bitch, but for God's sakes, it's DEFINITELY.

But yeah, don't even get me started on all the problems of Android phones that go unnoticed by the media. But the minute the most popular phone has a problem, even my grandfather's heard about it.

11. Amnesia87 thread starter macrumors 6502

Fix't and thank you, my spelling is atrocious and for some reason the spell check didn't catch it.

12. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

Hah no problem, didn't mean to be harsh, just a peeve of mine! :D

13. fender57 macrumors 6502

So are there a slew of Droid X users screaming their heads off threatening to trade in their Droids and go over to Apple to get the new iPhone?

14. Amnesia87 thread starter macrumors 6502

Of course not, that would require there to be a slew of Droid X users... lol

15. PerfSeeker macrumors 6502a

Oh god this is horrible! No wonder I'm gonna wait for the smartphone market to mature a bit more. Do any of these companies do testing?

16. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

That's what happens when you shotgun a phone out there without proper testing.

:rolleyes:

17. chromey macrumors member

I'm willing to bet Motorola actually fixes their phones too instead of having a conference that basically points the blame elsewhere, tells you to go fu*k yourself and here's a free case if you'll shut up.

18. Amnesia87 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd hope so, since I don't think a case could fix that.

What's truly ironic is that something like 75-85% of previous iPhone users have always used a case, but now, since they actually HAVE to use the case, they are complaining, despite the fact that they always intended to use the case from the start (and now can get it for free)

19. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

I'm hoping mine will be the same :D
    Rogers seems to have Toronto covered pretty well so I'm hoping it won't be an issue.

20. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

i saw a couple videos of it having reception issue also

21. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

congrats you want a cookie?:)

22. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

i have to agree.

This is a problem of defective phones and not 'questionable design choices' per se.

So, yes, i agree with the OP. the antenna issue (should you suffer from it in your area due to the reception quality there) is DEFINITELY worse than this :)

23. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Um, difference being is that is a defect which means it is easy to just make them exchange it for a new one that shouldn't have that problem.

iPhone's thing is a design flaw.

(not that I don't think people are taking the antenna whole thing *way* too far and being far too whiney about it. Obviously if the phone doesn't work for htem, they need another phone. If they like the phone that much it's hard to give up, then learn to deal with a case or holding it differently. Every phone is going to have something that's not great. You just gotta figure out if it's good stuff is worth the bad stuff).

24. Polo5 macrumors regular

nothing to worry about here, next month the android XLT Extreme will come out, moving on...:D