The Anti-Paparazzi Clutch.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by obeygiant, Jul 9, 2009.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

[​IMG]

Link for more pix

link

Looks like a small device equipped with a slave and a flash to screw up other photos. The battery life can't be too huge, maybe 50-200 flashes at most. Good idea though!

2. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Very cool idea! And probably cheaper than paying defense lawyers after punching a paparazzo in the face.

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

That's a great idea, provided you have the flashes pointed in the right direction and it doesn't go off and blind you when you're driving/stumbling around drunk.

I think this one is better:

[​IMG]

4. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

I never understood this.

If you don't want a lot of public attention, don't choose a profession that places you in the public eye.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Some people want to act, but don't want attention. Not everyone goes into acting to become famous. Some people want to go into acting because they like to act.

I don't understand the target market for this product though. Why would someone like Paris Hilton have one of these? Her 'job' is to be famous. Also, lots of actors do not live in LA, or at least don't participate in the party scene, so it's not as big a concern. You'll get photographed, but not all the time, and not at night from up-close, where a paparazzi's flash would actually work.

6. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

So... musicians, actors, athletes etc shouldn't have the right to pursue their dreams unless they're always OK with being swarmed by subhuman leeches wherever they go? That's going to result in a serious quality drop in these fields, since the #1 criteria for going into these professions won't be how talented you are, it will be that you must be a pathological narcissist who can't get enough of your own image. People who are just talented but lack the required delusions of grandeur will avoid these professions like the plague. Great... "The Godfather" starring Paris Hilton, Paris Hilton and Paris Hilton, written and directed by Paris Hilton, with music by Paris Hilton.

Seriously, paparazzi belong with lawyers and rapists at the bottom of the ocean.

7. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Despite prefacing it with "seriously," I hope you're joking about the lawyers bit and mean "some lawyers" because there are tons of good people who are lawyers and do a lot of good in their job.

That's quite a stark contrast to paparazzi and rapists since there's no such thing as a good paparazzo or a good rapist. Or are we okay with condemning an entire profession just because of the actions of a few? And not to mention the demeaning of the horrible act of rape by comparing it to someone snapping photos as intrusive and annoying as they may be...

8. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

I'm sure there's a few who do, but anyone who pops the champagne corks after he got a killer off the hook lacks any admirable human qualities that outweigh his evil.

We don't need to go into the glaringly obvious difference between rape and photography. What rapists and paparazzi have in common is that they lack any respect for other human beings, their boundaries and their privacy, nor do they give a rat's ass about the consequences their actions may have for others – their victims are reduced to mere prey and anything goes as long as they get what they want. Neither category should have any human rights in my book, just declare open season and dispose of them like the vermin they are.

9. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I personally doubt this anti flash would be able to keep up with a Canon 1D/Nikon D3 firing around 10fps with a quantum flash pack. Fine for a single shots, but as a tog you don't just take one shot.

10. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yeah... can't they all just wear mirror masks, mirror hats and mirror helmets? It's a whole lot cheaper and it reacts with the speed of light.

[​IMG]

11. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

You can't generalize all lawyers to one category, just as you can't do the same with doctors or professors. There are tons of different practice types, many of which never involve dealing with any sort of criminal. When you disparage lawyers you are not only making remarks about criminal lawyers, but additionally, the local lawyer that drafts wills and estates, the environmental lawyer, etc..

Even disparaging criminal lawyers indicates a lack of understanding of the legal system. The fact is, everyone has a right to due process and counsel; the fact that some lawyers are willing to make sure other's due process rights (even if they are a murder) aren't infringed upon is a good thing in my book. Furthermore, if, in actuality the person was a murder, shouldn't we blame the jury for a lack of factual understanding or the prosecution for not providing a compelling case and evidence or countering opposing counsels arguments, not the defendant's counsel?

If you're going to make fun of lawyers, make fun of personal injury attorneys (especially the ones you see on TV at 1:00 pm), even other lawyers make fun of them. ;)

12. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

:rolleyes:

13. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I'd like to see what would happen if you got two of these, aimed them at each other and took a picture. :D

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

15. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Way off topic, but IMO everyone should have the right to give a full and truthful account of their actions. They shouldn't have any right to lie, to deceive, to demean or disparage any truthful witnesses or even the victim themselves. Which obviously happens.

I don't accept a murderer should have a right to try and lie or deceive his/her way out of it, or that a lawyer should aid him/her.

16. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Oh come on. The paparazzi are scum. The things they do to get pictures and video are sickening, they are basically just stalkers but with cameras which is worse. I cannot stand the entertainment news industry because of them, they make so many peoples lives just hell.

17. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

I have a very simple and effective response to the paparazzi problem.

Stop consuming their work product.

Boycott US, People and other rags of their ilk, stop patronizing the gossip websites, stop watching the televised versions of the same and in general, find something productive to do with your time. This would have the bonus effect of ridding our collective conscience of Paris Hilton, the Kardashians and other sub-human wastes of protoplasm. Why on earth do we care about these rich, spoiled people and their petty, pathetic "problems" any way?

Give it a thought, eh?:D

18. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Kudos to the inventors of this device, but it's hard for me to feel sorry for people who are making millions of dollars for being in a film or endorsing a product.

And sometimes the publicists are tipping off the rags to get their clients free publicity. Sure the paparazzi have gotten out of control but it is mostly our fault. "Enquiring mind want to know."

19. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

I'd like to see how one of these react to the autofocus (with the lens cap on) on my Rebel XT. It is like 1 flash and the time without the flash on is the time the flash just flashed. Then it flashes again until it is focused. Doubt this could keep up with it.

20. Boneoh macrumors 6502

Boneoh

LOL this is too funny! Next thing you know, the stars will be wearing hats made of foil!

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

22. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I wish some celebs would.

One other thought to the failboat that is the Anti-Paparazzi Clutch is the pre-flash present on a lot (well certainly Canon Speedlites) flashguns.

It pre-flashes to determine the correct exposure, I guess the pre-flash will trigger this cack device. One thing it'll probably do it reduce the public from getting snap shots and then selling to places like MrPaparazzi.com.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, but I'm not against sending them lower than the whale do-do on the bottom of the ocean either!;)