Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marisa8184

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Does anyone know why this is happening? When you go to sort apps by release date on the App Store, either on iPhone or Desktop, the last date is around the 19th. However, if you go to one of the app sites and see that there is a new app, you can search for it and find it in the app store.

Has Apple made any comment on this that anyone has heard?:confused:

chickenhouse

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2009
Australia
Supposed to be fixed today

Hi,

The iPhone developer community has been going crazy about this since the 19th, thousands of Apps have been approved but you can only find them by doing a search. It seems that there is some overnight updating procedure that sometimes falls over and since it happened just before the weekend they aren't getting to it until today.

I emailed iTunesConnect and they responded saying they expect to have a resolution by the end of today.

It's very frustrating for developers since the best chance for people to see our apps are when they are a new release. My App was released on the 20th, so now when the store is fixed it's likely to appear underneath all the apps from the 21st onwards. Perhaps on around page 4. I talk about it in my blog.

Maybe if iPhone users email them at itunesconnect@apple.com as well and inform them how it needs to be fixed they will get onto it sooner.

Cheers,
Travis

marisa8184

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Hi,

The iPhone developer community has been going crazy about this since the 19th, thousands of Apps have been approved but you can only find them by doing a search. It seems that there is some overnight updating procedure that sometimes falls over and since it happened just before the weekend they aren't getting to it until today.

I emailed iTunesConnect and they responded saying they expect to have a resolution by the end of today.

It's very frustrating for developers since the best chance for people to see our apps are when they are a new release. My App was released on the 20th, so now when the store is fixed it's likely to appear underneath all the apps from the 21st onwards. Perhaps on around page 4. I talk about it in my blog.

Maybe if iPhone users email them at itunesconnect@apple.com as well and inform them how it needs to be fixed they will get onto it sooner.

Cheers,
Travis

Oh, I feel for you, all that work and this happens. I always look at this section for new apps, you're right to be annoyed. Will send them an email straight away.

chickenhouse

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2009
Australia
In the past we could fix this problem by doing an update. The update would then go to the top of new releases.

However apple have changed this policy and now updates no longer appear as a recent release. This is generally a good thing as it makes it easier for customers to find the actual new releases. However when problems like this occur our apps get buried forever.

Unless we make people aware of them in forums like this. :)

chickenhouse

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2009
Australia
The iTunes App store on your PC or Mac is now updating. The one in the iPhone/iPod should update early tomorrow morning.

Of course my app is on page 3 of utilities on the PC or Mac and will probably be on page 2 in the iPhone/iPod.

Not too bad but not at the top of the recent list like it should should have been.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Someone from Apple has already replied on a couple of threads on their devforums saying they are aware of the issue and it should be fixed within 24hrs.

TodVader

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Yeah my game, Rocket Boy, has appeared in the third page on "Action games". I stopped looking after 5 pages of "New releases".

There goes my exposure...

Jazzandmetal?

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2008
Virginia
My iphone has just updated Red Laser 2 times in 5 minutes now.

I had saw the update, did something else....went back to the app store and there was no update. Closed it, and went back and there was.:confused: I updated, and went back to the app store a few minutes later and it updated again. Now it is showing a paper toss update that wasn't there before....I just updated paper toss....I go back to the app store and it is showing a papertoss update..wtf.

EDIT. Just went back to the app store and all apps are up to date again. But Red Laser is showing 2.2 even though it should be 2.5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.