The Apple Collection 1986/87

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Lone Deranger, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

2. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

3. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

4. vintageapple macrumors member

vintageapple

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wow, thanks posting that! I probably have 40 or so of the items on there, it's amazing to see the whole collection again. Especially because it helps validate the authenticity of some of the stranger items, like the "executive companion" with all the tools in it. Thanks again

5. Lone Deranger thread starter macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

My pleasure! :)

Your collection must be quite impressive if you’ve got 40 odd items out of that brochure.

As dmr727 said, that whole site is very cool! There are quite a few other Apple relics posted there. Worth browsing through it for a few hours.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Wow! That is impressive....Thanks for the link!

7. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

I want that Apple windsurf rig, that is #1 on my list!

8. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Thanks for posting...

I got a few catalogs, but the older and rarer ones now fetch a premium!

Nice that people are scanning them in and sharing them online for viewing...

9. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

I have that catalogue as well as a few items from it, tie pin, keyring and a few of the Cross pens, I had the black sweatshirt with the big Apple text, quality was awful!

10. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

I have five issues of "The Apple Catalog" from 1992-1993 which features full color photos of some of their machines like the early PowerBooks, Macintosh Quadra and Centris, Macintosh LC, and the Color Classic. Also featured are their portrait monitor and scanner and other machinery of the era. I am not sure how many of this "series" Catalog were produced, but I know I have another one of the Spring 1993 somewhere in my house, which I got in 1993. These five catalogs I purchased off eBay because of their historical content, and they are rare now, and neat for any Mac collector (like me).

The first one is from Spring 1992, and they go through Spring 1993 I believe....

11. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

12. vintageapple macrumors member

vintageapple

Is anyone with the old 86/87 catalogue willing to trade/sell one? Curious if there are any older ones as well?

13. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

The ones I have are called "The Apple Catalog" and feature the Macintosh line-up, not clothing, accessories, and collectibles.

The Apple Collection must be like "The Company Store" catalog featuring items sold there, such as clothing and memorabilia, while the "Apple Catalog" features the computer hardware and the Mac line-up.

14. dittman macrumors member

I think they should have used a picture of the beer mug that actually showed the Apple logo.