The Apple Mighty Mouse=(

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Guiltygugu, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Guiltygugu macrumors member

So.....my mac experience has been perfect..I have a sexy 24" 4gb Imac that I bought in september, running leopard.....

So many things could have gone wrong (freezing, bad screen etc) BUT the only thing that has made my mac experience sub-par is....

THE STUPID MIGHTY MOUSE!!..i loved it for about 4 weeks until the scroll ball no longer works.....the white color has faded off the area around the scroll ball and the sides of the mouse were u squeeze for expose,

wuts up? only 4 weeks of usage until it starts crapping out? It is at its worst right now as i can only use the scroll ball to scroll downward...all the other directions do not work....

as a side note i have also noticed the white color fading off of my apple remote....like with the mouse, the faded color is almost yellow....

very non-sexy...c'mon apple

2. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

You must have a dud.

I've been using three MM's for over a year now, one corded and two bluetooth and no issues whatsoever. They are in constant use and all three perform the same as the day I opened the box.

No discoluration, no reduced functionality, nothing at all.

I love my Mighty meece.

Cheers.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

4. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

The reason I said he must have a dud is because of the discoloration he's having.

5. Guiltygugu thread starter macrumors member

I figured the horrible discoloration couldn't be normal..

taking a second look at it, the left side of the mouse (where your right thumb would be when you squeeze) has a long yellow streak.....ARGH

the scroll ball i tried to clean but it worked for about a week until it stopped working completely....

ive been on hold with apple care for the past 15 minutes.....i have my cell on speaker phone while im typing this...

6. britpop macrumors member

I tried the methods online to get mine working without success. My wife took it back to the Apple Store where they spayed something on it to make it work again. What was it they used?

7. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

Note to self. Stop eating mustard while using the computer.

All things considered, at least it's not a brown streak. Ew.

8. Guiltygugu thread starter macrumors member

They answered and put me on hold so they could "look for a solution to the discoloration"....

i could live with a yellow mouse if only the friggin scroll ball worked

can i still take it to an apple store for a new one if i bought the imac in sept?

9. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

September of this year? I would say for absolute sure.

SJ would probably be horrified if he thought Mac users had a horrible streaky yellow MM next to their shiny Mac.

Take it back and get a new one.

10. britpop macrumors member

They have a 12 month warranty dont they?

11. admiraldennis macrumors regular

12. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I have to agree with this person's opinion. The Mighty Mouse is a piece of junk. I like many things that Apple makes, but that mouse and especially that little roller ball that is impossible to clean properly is garbage.

13. Guiltygugu thread starter macrumors member

im still on hold f.y.i, lol..the guy did say that hed send me a new mouse...just have to send the streaky yellow one back to them once i recieve the new one...

i didnt know i could just take it back to the mac store, i figured past the 30 days you have to deal with telephone care and not the physical store itself!!

darn

update: he said itll take 1-2 weeks for it to be delivered.....

and he required my credit card....i thought theyd just keep it incase i dont return the mouse, but hes already authorized 54$ on my card, i guess theyll take the temp charge off once they recieve the defective mouse back.....jeeez, i wish i had just walked into the store.

14. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

I too have a 24 inch iMac. My MM that came with is has the same issues. Scroll wheel won't reliably work. My other MM works fine and has since day 1. I truly think some of the MM in a batch run are junk, as I have see on MacFixIt others with the same scroll problem.

As for discoloration, mine is white, but I wash my very hands often (work occupational hazards), so I rarely have that problem with mice and keyboards.

15. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

Although i don't have a whole lot of Mice experience, aside from a few microsoft mice and a nice logitech "smart mouse", I do believe the BT mighty mouse is the Best mouse I've ever had. :)

I'm not a hater, that's for sure.