The Apple online store won't let me buy ATT iphone 6 plus outright!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by driftway, Sep 17, 2014.

1. driftway macrumors newbie

Since ATT is shipping the iphone 6 plus in November, I thought I could try Apple online, but they are only offering the 2 year plan or Next, both of which are inferior to buying the phone full price, for me (my company will pay for a phone, but not for installments).
    I thought I could wait in line friday, but I bet the store guys are using the same online process, and won't let me buy the phone for full price! So, the Apple store option is dead.

Is anyone going direct to ATT stores friday? Could that speed up delivery?

2. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

Why not just go to the Apple Store on Friday, buy the phone using NEXT and then pay it off immediately? Wouldn't that get you what you want?

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

You're asking questions to which we don't know. If you want to get a phone outright i suggest using next or going to the apple store on friday. Good luck.

4. 1981d macrumors regular

Buy the TMobile version from the Apple website. It's GSM unlocked and will work on ATT. There is a thread about it on here.

5. Dreday24 macrumors regular

6. trophynuts macrumors member

trophynuts

currently you can't buy the VZW version out right either.

The only one you can pay outright for is the Tmo version currently. On the website that is.

7. bova80 macrumors 6502a

you can't pay it off immediately, you have to make 2 monthly payments before you can.

8. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

There's another thread here that says paying off immediately is permissible if NEXT is done without a trade in. I reconfirmed this yesterday with ATT. I'm buying my iPhone 6 using NEXT and paying it off next week, then getting it unlocked. I have ATT gaurantee that this is okay. Then again, it is ATT so there's always a chance they'll screw me over :(

9. bmms8 macrumors 68020

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Notice this from the OP.

11. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

You can pay it off immediately.

If you can't, and have to wait three months, who cares? Pay the two months, then pay it off (same cost as paying it outright). Then you can unlock after you pay it off.

12. CEmajr macrumors 601

As said before just buy the T-mobile one online. It's the exact same as the AT&T one just unlocked.

13. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Good call.
    OP i would go to an apple store and buy a verizon or t mobile like others have stated. They will sell outright. GL

14. cs33 macrumors newbie

Exactly. This is what I did. The T-Mobile one comes unlocked to use with any carrier. It is just the AT&T one, except without a carrier activation policy.

15. rmn1644 macrumors newbie

Was just at the apple store - they wouldn't sell me a full priced phone. Said they only sell phones with contracts and were more than happy to sell me a phone as part of my contract.

Hard to believe you can't buy something you want. Especially when it costs $750.

16. jboggs85 macrumors newbie

Which carrier and Apple Store?

17. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

I walked into my Apple Store here in Charleston last Thursday after work and paid outright Device Only an iPhone 6 64gb for $749. Don't know why you can't at your store. When I asked if I could purchase Device Only, he said absolutely.