iPad Pro The Apple Pencil battery widget is gone

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jrs22, Sep 14, 2016.

1. jrs22 macrumors 6502

I updated to iOS 10 and the battery widget has disappeared. My pencil is connected and functioning. is it really gone or has it been moved?

2. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

No iOS 10 is riddled with corrupted files and oversights. Rule of thumb is to wait 7 business days before applying an update.

3. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

4. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

When I updated I had to re-add the widget from the list of the unused widgets at the very bottom. If you tap Edit at the bottom of the widgets view, is it there?

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Working here. Didn't have to change anything. OP, make sure it's still enabled in your widget list.

6. aesc80 macrumors 6502

aesc80

Damn ... I remember you from last year! You're still trolling? You must look forward to every Apple release just to troll up, don't ya?

7. jrs22 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm positive the widget wasn't there initially but after reading your replies I did a shutdown and restart. Twice. Lo and behold, here I was! Thanks for the help.

8. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

There's definitely some weirdness regarding the widget.

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

If the iPad loses its pairing with the Pencil, the widget won't be there. Plug the Pencil into the iPad and the widget will return.

10. jrs22 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's why I did the shutdown and restart twice. First I paired the pencil - no widget, then I did the shutdown, restart and pairing, no widget. Second time I did the shutdown, restart and pairing the widget appeared.

I used PCs for many years before moving to a mac and I remember versions of windows where shutting down and restarting fixed a multitude of problems, so its become a habit to try that.

11. bensisko macrumors 65816

My Pencil loses connection at least once a day since the upgrade. I've also noticed a faster battery drain than previously. It's annoying.

12. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 65816

PhillyGuy72

I had this problem at first, battery widget just wasn't there and no option to add it. I rebooted the iPad and suddenly the option to add the battery widget showed up (under the name "Batteries") Odd.

13. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

I agree, normally not one to even mention battery as a complaint but it drops fast when using the pencil now; and that behavior was not present though the whole beta phases as I ran betas 3-GM on this iPad Pro and the issue didnt start until after public.

14. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

Remember that if the Pencil is "asleep" and no other BT devices are connected, it will not show. Pick up the Pencil to "wake" it and the widget will appear in the NC.