The Apple Remote has Hidden Buttons???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by maverick18x, Apr 26, 2007.

1. maverick18x macrumors member

My family recently purchased an iMac, and after taking a closer look at the Apple Remote, it seems there are in fact eight buttons, not six. If you look at the bottom end (opposite the black end), it seems the whole bottom panel can be depressed. On the right side of the bottom there's a small indented circle that can also be depressed.

Does anyone have any idea what these buttons do???

Matt

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

3. maverick18x thread starter macrumors member

4. wizwaz3 macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

So yeah, my battery tray doesn't work... I push the little 'door' or whatever and it barely pops past the actual remote. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I actually learned that if you hold down the buttons, sorry I don't remember which, in a specific way, you can pair the remote with the iMac or Mini as it may be. This was helpful b/c my Apple TV remote was activating Front Row on my Mini. Even after I paired it to the Apple TV. It wasn't until after I paired the Mini remote to it, that they now only work with their respective units. Strangely the pairing only works for the unit not the remote. So an Apple TV with a paired remote won't accept input from another remote, but it's remote can still operated a Mac that hasn't been paired with its remote.

6. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

It's menu+right to pair. You gotta hold it until a remote icon comes up on screen.