The Apple Remote Lasts Forever

Discussion in 'iMac' started by peglegjack, Jan 30, 2014.

1. peglegjack macrumors 6502

peglegjack

I use a mid-07 original alum. 20 inch iMac with VLC Player and the Apple Remote that came with it. I've also used the remote a ton with iTunes and playing DVDs. I just think it's notable that the original battery that came with the remote still works. Granted I've had a low battery signal show up periodically on the iMac for awhile but I've never changed it.

I'm so attached to this remote that I'll probably end up getting a Mac Mini when I get something new. There's nothing like buttons and not having to load anything. I'm amazed at how well it works with VLC Player.

2. Bear macrumors G3

If I were you, I'd replace the batteries rather soon. Old batteries have a chance to start leaking and that would be a shame if the remote was ruined due to old batteries.

3. peglegjack thread starter macrumors 6502

peglegjack

I've never even opened it up to check it out. So maybe I'll do that after work today.

4. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

I actually still have mine from a 2006 17" iMac (the iMac has since long been sold) and it works perfectly fine even though it runs on the same battery for nearly a decade. That's indeed pretty impressive.