Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
I googled and apple store was down on april 12th and may 31st. So look like this was not the first time. Anyhow he is entitled to his opinion and there was never any official mention from apple of a new mini at WWDC or before or after. So sleep is not a bad idea either.

Last edited by a moderator:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
No matter how many times the Apple site goes down for routine maintenance on Wednesday mornings, there are always these speculation threads where people freak out and think updates are coming. Then, in the morning, the site comes back up with no new products. It happens again and again. One would think people would have learned the pattern by now, but it appears some never learn. :rolleyes:

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
No matter how many times the Apple site goes down for routine maintenance on Wednesday mornings, there are always these speculation threads where people freak out and think updates are coming. Then, in the morning, the site comes back up with no new products. It happens again and again. One would think people would have learned the pattern by now, but it appears some never learn. :rolleyes:

AMEN, but a refresh is long overdue.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Hoping for iMacs. Probably won't happen though

Hopefully they're updating the backend for the Mountain Lion launch so when it ships, they flip a switch and new iMacs and Mac Minis appear.

Similarly to the weeks before WWDC when the store was down multiple times and flipped the switch for all the new stuff they announced.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
The Apple Store is down as of 7/18/12 12:30AM hopefully it means a new iMac and Mac mini. It most likely is not, but is still worth saying.

What you didn't take note of the seconds after 12:30AM? :rolleyes:

Sorry for sounding like an a$$, but I think it's silly to make a new thread every time the Apple Store goes down.:)

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
What you didn't take note of the seconds after 12:30AM? :rolleyes:

Sorry for sounding like an a$$, but I think it's silly to make a new thread every time the Apple Store goes down.:)

It does but people need their hope.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA

They sure do a lot of maintenance. ;)

alstrike

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2011
Spain
Every single country store but mine is down, looks like we don't even have money to clean the store hahahaha

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
That one is new for me. It rotates through various languages.

Here is to refurbished 2012 models.
I'm sure you know that the refurb store is updated at many times throughout the day without taking the store down, but the rotating languages is new.

nilka

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
I an not saying Therese won't be and updated macs, but I can tell you this is actually the third time in a week they work on their site. They did so on Friday last week and Sunday. Those two were only on the order status and bridge point sites though. But as they have updated them them late last week I am pretty sure they only do the same kind of update to the main store site. And yeah the rotating banner was the same at the updates I mentioned.

One can still hope though.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
Yes hope is good. But I'm getting sleepy. I will prey while I'm asleep though. Just wake me up in 3 weeks when all the confusion is over.

Memzee

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2008
My guess is just design changes.

I could be wrong cos I don't usually check obsessively, but is this the first time they've got rid of the yellow post it? There's a new canvas background as well.

If it was just adding iMacs the down time would be quicker I would have thought, whereas wholesale design changes would take longer..?

Pure speculation.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
My guess is just design changes.

I could be wrong cos I don't usually check obsessively, but is this the first time they've got rid of the yellow post it? There's a new canvas background as well.

If it was just adding iMacs the down time would be quicker I would have thought, whereas wholesale design changes would take longer..?

Pure speculation.

The new design has been there for some time now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.