Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA

Attachments

• welcome.gif
    welcome.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 416

Classic

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2001
Please be a new device...

Please be a new device...Please be a new device...Please be a new device...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
u gotta love it! :D

one of the things I love most about these announcements...is the threads started here about the AppleStore being down...makes me laugh...he he he ;)

so what is it gonna be?! :eek:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
What's wrong with letting people know the store is down. Its great to know something new is on the way, especially if we get a surprise.....:D

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
I'm hoping for:

A cell phone, PDA attachment to my iPod with a better headphone port, AM/FM/Weather Radio, and recordable tape deck!

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by britboy
Is the only change that the eMac can now be bought by anyone? :confused:
Could be, but it'd be nice to think it would be something a little more interesting :D
...perhaps an apple PDA? (sorry eye, j/k) :p

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
It seems kind of strange that it would just be the eMac, but then again, by shuting down the whole thing and not just one section, you don't know what is going to be change. It could be anything, we'll just have to wait.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
It's changed to another "please wait" message

I went to the Uk store and it said it was being updates and should be back online in an hour, I just tried again (okay 45 minutes later is too early I guess) and it's changed to an apple logo and the message reads: "The Apple Store is temporarily unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. Please try again later."

Now that suggests that maybe they're just doing some routine update and that the store being down means nothing. Then again, Give it another hour or so and we'll know for sure.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
That's odd, because when i visit the page it's already been updated. Hence my previous question.
Same here, it's back up, and the only difference I can see is the eMac on the main page.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Wahey! There's also a public preview of QT6!!!
That's been up for a while now, hasn't it? I was there about 5 hours ago...

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Ah crap! I'm doing a bit of reading about this QT6 preview... it was released today! Man... I was there a few hours ago. I thought it was weird, but I figured I'd just missed its release (I've been busy over the last week and I figured I missed it)

Oh well. Anyone know if this is the version that came with the WWDC Jagwire beta? (read: should I bother installing it?)

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Re: eMac includes 56k modem!

Originally posted by gopher
Well that's cool...but only 128MB of RAM. Come on Apple, what is it with RAM? Cat got your tongue?
I'd rather see 128MB as the base RAM only because I would upgrade it immediately to 1GB. And I'd rather have a 128MB stick leftover rather than a 256MB one.

Besides, who'd want to pay Apple's mark-up for RAM anyways?

My opinion is that if the RAM is soldered, then it should be big, but if it's not, then make it small (or at least give us a downgrade option).

OSUbuckeyefan

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2001
I think it is a great move by apple to make the e-mac available to the masses. It should compete very well with the low-cost pc's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.