The Apple Watch feature that I wish exists in iOS 8+

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by striders, May 25, 2015.

1. striders macrumors 6502

The notification ICON...

The Watch will show a red dot icon when there is a notification (email, text, etc.). At a glance, I can see that there is something I can check.

With iOS, I cannot see this. If a notification comes in, it'll turn on the phone, show it, and it's gone. If I miss that, I have to turn on the phone, swipe down and review it.

I had the Note 3 before and Android OS will show these, but also the type of notification (email icon for email, etc.).

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are app badges and lock screen notifications in iOS.

3. striders thread starter macrumors 6502

Wait, how come sometime the lock screen notification disappear, but after I unlock the iPhone, the notification is still there when I swipe down?

Is it app dependent? I.e I received Tapatalk notification for this thread. I don't recall what happened, but I looked at my watch and the notification is there. When I wake up my phone (but didn't unlock), that same notification is not listed.

4. lchlch macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping that they'll replace control center with glances.

5. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

Not gonna happen. That's what the Today screen in the Notification Centre is for.

6. lchlch macrumors 6502a

Can you change settings in the today's view? Brightness, volume, etc?

I may not have been clear on my post. I meant a glance like implementation of control center. i think the current implementation is too confusing with all the settings throw together in a single place.

And perhaps removing today's view in favor of glances altogether?

7. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

I thought you were going to say the more obvious "Clear all" button for notifications in Notification Center.

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

As stated, swipe down for Notifications screen. It will all be there until you dismiss the items.

9. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

That's what I would like too...just a icon when a notification is in. Lots of times I keep my iPhone on Do Not Disturb because I'll be watching a video or showing someone thing and it would be nice to have an icon. It's not a pain in the ass to swipe down Notification Center but it would be an appreciated addition.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, there are the app badges. That aside, that's one of reasons quite a few people would love if Apple had a notification LED on the phone so if you wanted you could see something missed even if the phone screen was off and you weren't even necessarily close to the phone.

11. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Good idea...I wish they could integrate around the Home Button. But I doubt they will do has much.

12. striders thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah yes, that's must better than notification icon. I set my iPhone standing up (kickstand case) and if I miss a notification, I wouldn't know until I turn on my iPhone. If only there's a LED, I can just glance it and know there's something that require my attention.

13. luke lau macrumors regular

luke lau

If you swipe down to notification centre on the lock screen the notifications on the lock screen disappear

14. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Apple has already implemented a function in accessibility section. I guess the only thing different from what you want is that the LED is at the back of phone, not the front. If you turn it on, when there is a notification coming in, light will flash, indicating there is something new happened. And since that led is bright enough, I guess this could let things go a little bit easier.

15. I7guy macrumors G5

Technically I would think it's possible. Maybe it would infringe on bmw's headlight copyright.