The Apple Watch thread for the OCD crowd

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
I received our SS Milanese watches yesterday for me and my wife. The very first thing I noticed was how shiny and beautiful the watch casing is. this is could also be a terrible thing because the casing looks like it will scratch very easily. this alone had me thinking of some serious buyer's remorse and I was already thinking of returning both watches. I thought about it overnight and I decided to give it a try and see if my OCD doesn't get the best of me.

I have always been OCD with everything I own since I was a kid. 40 years later and I'm still the same way being obsessed with keeping my belongings in perfect condition. I'm hoping companies like Zagg will have some sort of clear case protection like they have for the iPhones and so on.

so if you're in the same OCD boat as me, please feel free to chime in.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I received our SS Milanese watches yesterday for me and my wife. The very first thing I noticed was how shiny and beautiful the watch casing is. this is could also be a terrible thing because the casing looks like it will scratch very easily. this alone had me thinking of some serious buyer's remorse and I was already thinking of returning both watches. I thought about it overnight and I decided to give it a try and see if my OCD doesn't get the best of me.

I have always been OCD with everything I own since I was a kid. 40 years later and I'm still the same way being obsessed with keeping my belongings in perfect condition. I'm hoping companies like Zagg will have some sort of clear case protection like they have for the iPhones and so on.

I am ocd too, exactly why I WOULD NOT put a case. Oh god. Thus blasfamy , over time it will get fine scratches like all other watches, they will be all uniform , then you can also buff the steel after a while if you like. The best part is the screen won't scratch

----------

Can you imagine Steve jobs with a case on his phone or Apple watch , NEVER

Comment

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Not specifically OCD related, but does anyone have any info on how to clean the watch? Are solutions out of the question or are the recommended?

New to all of this!

Comment

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Got the answer! It's in the apple support section. Says no solutions or chemicals! Use a dry lint free cloth.

Comment

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007

I am, and I will be using a case and screen protector except for special occasions. The peace of mind is worth more to me than the fact the case makes it look cheap lol

Comment

kevn

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2011

How did it work out?

Comment

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
All I can offer is my perspective: In a year it'll be the old model. In a few more it'll be a useless piece of junk.

I used to be the same way. I always wanted everything of mine to be perfect, for... I don't know some reason. It's not like it mattered. Somehow it went away, I actually think well used stuff looks better.

Comment

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio

I believe the correct term is anal retentive.

Comment

DynamicSausage

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2015
Leicestershire, UK
At the end of the day, it's a watch, exposed to the elements on your wrist through your daily life. As much as I love my stuff to be in great condition (with no cases! ugh.) some things you just have to let slide. Remember that after a few days you'll stop noticing it and it's only really a reminder that you're getting your moneys worth from a string product and not letting it affect how you go about your day.

Have you been diagnosed with OCD or do you just think you have it?
Most people who are "OCD" aren't diagnosed, they just say it, it's almost become modern slang and I'm guilty of it myself. I think it's so often used that many people forget that the 'D' stands for disorder, one that can massively effect a persons life, or simply don't even know.

Comment

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
If you are that worried about wear on your your SS case, grab an Orzly clear FacePlate for protecting it (well reviewed and will not pop off like most of the other brands)
And Zagg does make a screen protector for the Apple Watch (no loss of touch response or readability)

I own both and recommend both.

Comment

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 68040
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I would be very careful about case protectors if oyu have a SS watch. If specks of dust or dirt get between the case and the watch, which will happen then the SS will scratch or get marked.

Comment

ocabj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
In all seriousness, I would just start seeing a therapist if I had OCD that made me ponder returning stuff I bought because I'm afraid of not keeping them in mint condition. Dealing with the OCD itself would be better in the long run.

Comment

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Get one of these and kiss your OCD good bye. I have one on my watch and my wife's. It snaps on to the watch, covers the face and casing and is barely noticeable. Don't let the price fool you. It is very good. I actually ordered 1 more set as a backup.

http://www.amazon.com/Monoy®-Premium-Transparent-Lightweight-Protective/dp/B00XONVVZ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1435335175&sr=1-1&keywords=monoy+apple+watch+case

Comment