The Apple Watch thread for the OCD crowd

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ozziegn, Apr 25, 2015.

1. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I received our SS Milanese watches yesterday for me and my wife. The very first thing I noticed was how shiny and beautiful the watch casing is. this is could also be a terrible thing because the casing looks like it will scratch very easily. this alone had me thinking of some serious buyer's remorse and I was already thinking of returning both watches. I thought about it overnight and I decided to give it a try and see if my OCD doesn't get the best of me.

I have always been OCD with everything I own since I was a kid. 40 years later and I'm still the same way being obsessed with keeping my belongings in perfect condition. I'm hoping companies like Zagg will have some sort of clear case protection like they have for the iPhones and so on.

so if you're in the same OCD boat as me, please feel free to chime in.

2. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

3. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

To quote Garland Greene from Con Air, "there is no medicine for what I have..." lol

Attached Files:

• co6.png
      co6.png
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
  4. Gooberton macrumors 65816

I am ocd too, exactly why I WOULD NOT put a case. Oh god. Thus blasfamy , over time it will get fine scratches like all other watches, they will be all uniform , then you can also buff the steel after a while if you like. The best part is the screen won't scratch

----------

Can you imagine Steve jobs with a case on his phone or Apple watch , NEVER

5. Coffee50 macrumors regular

Not specifically OCD related, but does anyone have any info on how to clean the watch? Are solutions out of the question or are the recommended?

New to all of this!

6. Coffee50 macrumors regular

Got the answer! It's in the apple support section. Says no solutions or chemicals! Use a dry lint free cloth.

7. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

I am, and I will be using a case and screen protector except for special occasions. The peace of mind is worth more to me than the fact the case makes it look cheap lol

8. kevn macrumors newbie

How did it work out?

9. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

I am not OCD I am CDO.

Being CDO is exactly like bing OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order the way things are supposed to be.

10. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

All I can offer is my perspective: In a year it'll be the old model. In a few more it'll be a useless piece of junk.

I used to be the same way. I always wanted everything of mine to be perfect, for... I don't know some reason. It's not like it mattered. Somehow it went away, I actually think well used stuff looks better.

11. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

I believe the correct term is anal retentive.

12. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

What's wrong with a damp towel?

13. Recognition macrumors 6502

Recognition

Have you been diagnosed with OCD or do you just think you have it?

14. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

At the end of the day, it's a watch, exposed to the elements on your wrist through your daily life. As much as I love my stuff to be in great condition (with no cases! ugh.) some things you just have to let slide. Remember that after a few days you'll stop noticing it and it's only really a reminder that you're getting your moneys worth from a string product and not letting it affect how you go about your day.

Most people who are "OCD" aren't diagnosed, they just say it, it's almost become modern slang and I'm guilty of it myself. I think it's so often used that many people forget that the 'D' stands for disorder, one that can massively effect a persons life, or simply don't even know.

15. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you are that worried about wear on your your SS case, grab an Orzly clear FacePlate for protecting it (well reviewed and will not pop off like most of the other brands)
    And Zagg does make a screen protector for the Apple Watch (no loss of touch response or readability)

I own both and recommend both.

16. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I would be very careful about case protectors if oyu have a SS watch. If specks of dust or dirt get between the case and the watch, which will happen then the SS will scratch or get marked.

17. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I wipe my screen non stop, I cant stand it being smuged after touching it

18. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

In all seriousness, I would just start seeing a therapist if I had OCD that made me ponder returning stuff I bought because I'm afraid of not keeping them in mint condition. Dealing with the OCD itself would be better in the long run.

19. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

OCD and anal retentive are the same thing in my book.

20. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Get one of these and kiss your OCD good bye. I have one on my watch and my wife's. It snaps on to the watch, covers the face and casing and is barely noticeable. Don't let the price fool you. It is very good. I actually ordered 1 more set as a backup.

http://www.amazon.com/Monoy®-Premium-Transparent-Lightweight-Protective/dp/B00XONVVZ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1435335175&sr=1-1&keywords=monoy+apple+watch+case