The application DashboardClient quit unexpectedly. (school network doing weird stuff)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by slowpoke, Jan 7, 2008.

1. slowpoke macrumors member

slowpoke

Today, I got back to campus and hooked my MBP up to the school network. It's never played nice with my Mac in the past, and the main problem was that it caused Safari to crash whenever I opened a https page (I switched to Firefox to solve this).

Well, now here's what's happening:

Using the dashboard causes an error message to pop up containing the dialogue in the thread title. It doesn't affect the dashboard (seemingly), but it does cause it to display that goddamn message. This only happens when I am online.
    iScrobbler quits as soon as I go online.

I reset the PRAM, and nothing's changed.

Any solutions? I'm assuming this is to do with my school network and not the computer in general; using other hotspots over the past month yielded no problems whatsoever...

2. slowpoke thread starter macrumors member

slowpoke

Oh, and now Apple Software Update does it too.

3. slowpoke thread starter macrumors member

slowpoke

4. pendolino macrumors member

pendolino

same problem here. can't figure out why in the world its popping up. it must be one of the dashboard apps but i dont feel like experimenting to see which one since its usually harmless and i dont see anything turning off as a result.

it only happens intermittently though.

5. gvrocha macrumors newbie

Same problem here but it happened everytime I opened the dashboard...

I had the weather, iStat pro and the iCal widget running.

Apparently the weather widget (what the heck?!?!?!) was the one causing it for me.
    However, I suspect it may be something of an interaction between weather and istat though.

Best,

G.

6. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

It sounds more like software issues then network issues.. you may have an application that's causing a conflict, pvp sharing or something like that, that the school network doesn't like having on it's network..

Try creating another user account and then try getting on the network and see if that works..