The Archers On Podcast!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by combatcolin, Oct 26, 2007.

1. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Finally!, The BBC have put the Archers out as a podcast, now for me this is as interesting as - well - cow poo, BUT, my mum loves this show and has been listening to it for, quite literally decades.

Now, my mum has stack and stacks of tapes mounting up with back episodes of The Archers, and i have been trying to get her to move into the digital age to prevent all the hassle of taping and organising, storage etc.

All i need to do now is to show her how easy it is to listen via an iPod, and shady ulterior motive here, sell my old 3G 40G model and buy a shiny new 7G 160G colour iPod.

Fingers crossed.

:)

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wow, the Archers is a bit of an institution!

I don't listen. But it's good of the BBC to welcome new technology rather than shun it, or do the total opposite and force everyone to buy the newest tech.

3. combatcolin thread starter macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Oh Well.

Mum was suitably impressed with The Archers being on my iPod, but is still sticking with her old tapes and somewhat newer DVD RAM via NTL.

No new iPod for me. :eek:

Must be said, each episode is quite small, only about 6MB and 15m long, easy to digest compared to a 30m soap.