The Army Reserves

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MattyK, Jun 30, 2009.

1. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone is in the army reserves for australia, or even if they have it in any other country, if you could explain to me what it's like, and if it's good? I've always wanted to do it and am curious..

2. contitego macrumors member

I am not.

In order to serve, are you ok with the fact you are not going to come back from your tour of duty the same as you left. You will come back emotionally changed, and possibly physically. You have to accept that simple fact.

If it was me, I would serve in the navy, but that's due to my grandpa server in WW 2 in the south pacific in the navy.

3. MattyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MattyK

Yeah, I understand that things will change, but I do accept that if I do it, I will come back different, what I think, for the better. I live in Australia, and apparently the AUS army is a lot more relaxed than the American..

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Any military service will change a person. In many cases, it allows them to grow and mature as an individual in ways that they may not have been afforded had they not served.

There is always the risk of injury, be it training, non-training, or in combat. Life happens.

If you serve your country for the right reasons (for you), then it is a wonderful experience.