The astronomy watch face

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by scully, May 1, 2015.

1. scully macrumors member

I bet you haven't played with it have you?

It's awesome. Taught my boy about the solar system and the dark side of the moon today.

Hadn't even realised what it did for a week.

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Not yet. Still waiting for the UPS driver! They usually come at noon, now, of all days, it's later. But yea, I want the astronomy face. Looks cool.;)

3. Phisherman81 macrumors 6502

Phisherman81

Yeah it's super. I figured out the tapping and then scrolling to view the orbit / lunar phase / weather systems. Is there a way to zoom in on your location when viewing earth?

4. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

If you go into the planet screen and then double tap, it lists all the planets by name :)

5. blackbear219 macrumors regular

I love that one. I wish you customize it. Wouldn't mind having the weather/battery/activity rings in the spare corner.

6. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I will have to play around with it, I set it to that face last night for a few minutes and saw if I click the moon it changes from the earth to the moon but thats all I saw that it did.

7. iamasmith macrumors regular

iamasmith

It's the one other watch face I might be inclined to switch to.

There's too little information on a lot of the pretty faces, certainly those lovely motion faces are too sparse and I love the specifics of the astronomy face.

My main one, just for pure charm is Mickey. There's enough information on the screen for me and his foot tapping switches from right to left after the minute hand gets past the hour/half hour whilst he turns his head to face the hour hand when it passes 12/6. Charming little animation, don't feel I could ever get tired of it unless they introduce a 'Steamboat Willy' one with him whistling :D

8. usarioclave macrumors 65816

Wish there was a way to tell/mark lunar and solar eclipses

9. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I love that one! I wish you could customize it to show individual planets instead of the whole solar system and also have them animated.