The Australian iPad Pre-orders Thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sammich, Mar 7, 2012.

1. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

2. d0vr macrumors 6502a

I can barely access the store to just look and decide if I want one. I think I'd be better of seeing the retina display first... and then seeing the plans for LTE on Telstra... I'm betting that'll be enough to turn me off it.

3. KandyKane macrumors 6502

I just got my pre-order finally, 64gb white 3g.

I'm assuming the Telstra plans will be the same for the new iPad as the iPad 2- they are the same price as last year. I doubt they will get them on day 1 though, last year it was months.

4. d0vr macrumors 6502a

You mean 4G right? And what are you on about? I'm wondering about pre-paid 4G plans....

5. KandyKane macrumors 6502

The 4G is on the wrong frequency to work with Telstra and currently there are no other 4G networks, so kinda made the term redundant...

6. d0vr macrumors 6502a

I knew there had to be a catch somewhere... and here I was thinking Apple would you know, plan for this... or at least not market it as 4G in countries that there is no companies with compatible 4G service.

Ah well, at least you helped me with my decision. If I get the new iPad, it won't be the 3G model.

7. KandyKane macrumors 6502

It looks like it will still run 3G supposedly up to 42Mbps, which is still faster than most home connections though

8. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

9. Rusty33 macrumors 6502

Rusty33

Do we know whether Apple Care+ will be offered in Australia for the new ipad? Or just the standard Apple Care?

THoughts?

10. d0vr macrumors 6502a

I don't like the sound of supposedly. The only "4G" tech I have heard good things about is LTE which makes me believe anything else is basically just what 3G should of been.

Considering I wouldn't purchase the 3G model iPad 2, but I was certainly looking at the 4G iPad 3rd gen, does anyone think I should still look at the "4G" model?

11. sammich thread starter macrumors 601

sammich

Keenly disappointed about the 'never' (2015 is never in the lifetime of an iPad) going to get 4G in Australia. But nevertheless, Telstra is a far better bet where I am for speed/reliability.

How come no aussies are buying iPads here?!