The Australian iPad Pre-orders Thread

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
I can barely access the store to just look and decide if I want one. I think I'd be better of seeing the retina display first... and then seeing the plans for LTE on Telstra... I'm betting that'll be enough to turn me off it.

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
I just got my pre-order finally, 64gb white 3g.

I'm assuming the Telstra plans will be the same for the new iPad as the iPad 2- they are the same price as last year. I doubt they will get them on day 1 though, last year it was months.

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
I just got my pre-order finally, 64gb white 3g.

I'm assuming the Telstra plans will be the same for the new iPad as the iPad 2- they are the same price as last year. I doubt they will get them on day 1 though, last year it was months.
You mean 4G right? And what are you on about? I'm wondering about pre-paid 4G plans....

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
The 4G is on the wrong frequency to work with Telstra and currently there are no other 4G networks, so kinda made the term redundant...
I knew there had to be a catch somewhere... and here I was thinking Apple would you know, plan for this... or at least not market it as 4G in countries that there is no companies with compatible 4G service.

Ah well, at least you helped me with my decision. If I get the new iPad, it won't be the 3G model.

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
I knew there had to be a catch somewhere... and here I was thinking Apple would you know, plan for this... or at least not market it as 4G in countries that there is no companies with compatible 4G service.

Ah well, at least you helped me with my decision. If I get the new iPad, it won't be the 3G model.
It looks like it will still run 3G supposedly up to 42Mbps, which is still faster than most home connections though

Rusty33

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2011
Australia
Do we know whether Apple Care+ will be offered in Australia for the new ipad? Or just the standard Apple Care?

THoughts?

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
It looks like it will still run 3G supposedly up to 42Mbps, which is still faster than most home connections though
I don't like the sound of supposedly. The only "4G" tech I have heard good things about is LTE which makes me believe anything else is basically just what 3G should of been.

Considering I wouldn't purchase the 3G model iPad 2, but I was certainly looking at the 4G iPad 3rd gen, does anyone think I should still look at the "4G" model?

sammich

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Keenly disappointed about the 'never' (2015 is never in the lifetime of an iPad) going to get 4G in Australia. But nevertheless, Telstra is a far better bet where I am for speed/reliability.

How come no aussies are buying iPads here?!