Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Inaccurate because of polling size. Since the Evasion team released stats and the Asia had the largest percentage of Evasion jailbreak users.

Comment

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Lol not many females jailbreaking.... I will proudly represent that demographic of the 20's females.

Comment

3-pack

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013
Another study I missed out on. Female >60.

Take heart. We may be under-represented, but isn't that what makes us so special? A year or so ago, I spent a week learning regular expressions, and my son was so proud, he bought me a great xkcd t-shirt. We may not be the future, but it hasn't passed us by.

Comment

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Haha funny.

I really do think female jail breakers are under represented. Pretty sure there are more out there than people know of, they just don't hop on the forums as much as guys do for the most part, so you don't hear from them as often.

Comment

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Pretty cool. But now I feel old. I'm 42 so I fit in to the very small blue sliver in the age graphic. :)

I'm 52 so I'm guessing my group is even smaller. However I work at a high school kids have seen my iPhone and asked me either how to jailbreak or to do it for them.

Comment

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
We studied this in college, you can get pretty accurate figures when taking a small sample size. For instance the polls were pretty damn close to the actual results of the 2012 election.

The whole business of TV is based around small polls. A few thousand people with Neilson boxes represents the entire TV industry and television shows succeed or fail based on these numbers.

Comment

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Haha funny.

I really do think female jail breakers are under represented. Pretty sure there are more out there than people know of, they just don't hop on the forums as much as guys do for the most part, so you don't hear from them as often.

Haha yeah i know a few teenage girls who jailbreak, but yeah doubt they would get on the forums unless something went terribly wrong.

Comment

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Us poor female jailbreakers! I love to meet another female jailbreaker though, any jailbreaker for that matter. Most people I know use their phone as stock.

Comment

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
I was a part of this survey. It only took in just shy of 400 people. It gives a good idea of North American jail breakers, that's about it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.