The Batman Arkham Thread (News, Rumors, Potential Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by AustinIllini, Feb 28, 2014.

1. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I absolutely love all of these games. Looks like a Batman announcement is all but imminent.

Rocksteady’s New ‘Batman’ Game Release Date, Logo Leaked?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I am betting It will turn out to be DLC or a game of year edition for Origins.

3. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Could be. The Rocksteady inclusion appears to be an assumption by the author of this article. If it is Rocksteady, it's not likely Arkham Origins DLC, though.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

True.

I'm just factoring that we have heard that DLC (Mr.Freeze et..) is on its way to Origins and we know publishers like Warner will milk a game till the very end.

It seems therefore too early to over shadow Origins latest DLC by announcing a new Batman, and way too early even by E3 standards.

We shall see.

Origins was only OK, but the map/world despite being based on Arkham City was for the most part a real mess. The initial area you started the game in Origins was the worst culprit. I revisited Arkham City three times, but one play through of Origins and I didn't want to return.

5. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

As long as there's no Joker in it, I'll be happy.

I'd love to see Rocksteady make a Batwoman game, with all the mysticism in Gotham could be explored with Kate, and have the main boss of the game be either Alice or Medusa.

But, I know that won't happen. So, my guess, something where Hush frames Batman with the death of Joker or some other figure, and you spend the game fighting both villains, and Gordon's GCPD to clear your name.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well it's a new game alright

[​IMG]

7. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

It seems like a good time for Rocksteady to finish what they started, but I doubt this is the last we'll see of the Batman Arkham series, especially when one of the games was designed internally by Warner Brothers. I am looking forward to this for sure.

Interesting it's only for PS4, PC, and XBOX One.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah it is actually especially given the user base of 360/ps3. It's also shame no Wii U either. Perhaps they will announce them later maybe as ported by another studio?

If not it's the first big big title that isn't targeting current gen.

9. Celtic Warrior macrumors regular

Celtic Warrior

That's exciting news from Rocksteady. Actually, it's always better to create your own villains rather than stick with DC universe. If I am not mistaken, this game has its own villain Dark Knight who is going to be main arc foe of Batman in this game. Maybe they're trying to make us relive Dark Knight Rises experience probably. Batman might beat Arkham Knight as hard as he beat in the movie.

10. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

The new Trailer looks insane !!!

Would love them to do a Battle for the Cowl game. Basically Bruce "dies" and everyone fight over who should be the next Batman. Tho people hate not playing as the actual main character MGS2 and Halo 2. Battle for the Cowl was such an awesome comic arc. I am glad that the Arkham games follow their own story line so I don't know whats going to happen but would be cool if you could use the other members of the Batfamily like any of the Robins, Batgirl, Batwoman and Catwoman. They kind of cheat with the whole challenge map thing. I don't think that counts.