Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kokhean

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
I just purchased a screwdriver so that I can remove the back plate to see if I can fix the sunken down power button.

I was curious when I saw the battery, so I did a search for the steps to remove the battery in case I need to do it in the future.

Every article that I've read stated that there are two screws to be removed. However, mine doesn't have any screws at all!

1. This is the first time I've removed the back plate.
  2. This phone was purchased from a major local telco about 18 months ago.
  3. It is not a refurbished set; the phone was never sent to the telco for replacement.
  4. The phone was not sent to any third party services for repairment.

Here's an image to explain what I'm talking about:

Cn24Wzd.jpg

Here's an image of where the screws were supposed to be:

tAZJSnoUgBer3hhC.huge

What's going on?

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
If its the concerning, you can buy a screw set from eBay and replace them. The back plate should push down on the battery connections enough to keep it down, but for safety buy the $2 screw sets from eBay

iRepairParts

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
California
I just purchased a screwdriver so that I can remove the back plate to see if I can fix the sunken down power button.

I was curious when I saw the battery, so I did a search for the steps to remove the battery in case I need to do it in the future.

Every article that I've read stated that there are two screws to be removed. However, mine doesn't have any screws at all!

1. This is the first time I've removed the back plate.
  2. This phone was purchased from a major local telco about 18 months ago.
  3. It is not a refurbished set; the phone was never sent to the telco for replacement.
  4. The phone was not sent to any third party services for repairment.

Here's an image to explain what I'm talking about:

Here's an image of where the screws were supposed to be:

What's going on?

Looks like either human error, or someone on the assembly line got lazy lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.