The Beatles in Mono, Mixes or Separate Tracks?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Maverick1337, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Hello guys, I've been searching for the past few days for the answer to my question. I recently downloaded the Beatles Mono Box set and it's simply amazing. I want to know, is the mono box set all the albums in separate mixes or single tracks? The one I have, each album is basically one long 60 min mix of their CD so you can't jump through the CD to specific songs unless you fast forward. Is this normal for record albums back in the day? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

They are on CDs, so each track is separated. Yes it was normal on record albums back in the day, because they were on vinyl, not CDs. There were no seek buttons on a record player. ;)

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

There was the lift and drop method.

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Where did you download it from?

Each song should be a separate track as shown in the screen shot below...

Screen shot 2011-01-27 at 18.44.28.png

5. JulesNYC macrumors regular

Ahh, the ole' lift and drop technique. I was roughly 92% accurate with that.

6. ChrisA macrumors G4

If this is a boot leg copy of the box set then there is no knowing what the unloader did. But it was released both on iTunes and in the CD version as tracks. If you downloaded a vinyl rip then the guy who made it was just to lazy to cut the files at the tracks. On the vinyl there is an easy to see silent section between each track.

But back in the day, when this music was new people listened to it as album sides and only a 9 year old kid would play one song, over and over usually. Radio stations would play one track from an album but at home it would be the whole side, then you have to flip it over. So,... who ever made this mighthave been trying to re-create the authentic experiance that is listener in the 60's would have heard. and also the way the Beatles intended you to hear it.

7. ArchaicRevival macrumors regular

ArchaicRevival

The good ol' days :-(

8. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

If you desire nice separate tracks, hop on over to sourceforge.net and get a copy of Audacity.