Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
ScottishDuck, are those games listed in your steam beta all Mac games, or does the list mix in your Windows games as well?

They seem to be all his games, not Mac games, as indicated by not available on this platform message.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Not yours, can't have.

If you didn't get into the beta - they could find out who you are by those details ;). That specific list of games with 42 minutes on Bioshock running the Mac beta.
If you did get into the beta - congrats ;).

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
What would be really cool is if you could have just one Steam folder to keep both your pc and mac games in and they would launch either way. If your are mac only, then not so cool. But if you play both Windows and Mac games, very cool because not only where there be occasions when you don't have to boot into windows, you'll also save some disk space.

If you need to have a separate Steam Mac game install from a Steam PC game install for the same title, I'll be interested to hear if there are any substantial performance differences between the game running in Windows and running on Mac. If not, for the Mac compatible games I'll keep a single install in Mac Steam and avoid the reboot.

I doubt that'll really be possible... I was thinking you could install it on a FAT partition so you could access it from either OS, but the binaries are definitely different... So SOL there. At least save game sync will be there! :)

think about how much less clutter from spyware/virus traffic/500 windows updates a day/etc will be floating across internet routers worldwide. its a lot of waste.

I'm going to assume that wasn't serious... Windows is not inherently any more succeptable to viruses or malware. Windows just has the highest market share. Let me put it this way for you since we're in a thread on games. Windows PC dominate the market. Game developers want the most exposure possible. Game developers write their games for Windows.

Replace Games with Malware and you have the story. Now that Macs are becoming more viable as platforms for gaming, the same will be true of malware.

Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.