The best All-in-one (AIO) or Multi Function Printer for the iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by madina, Apr 14, 2007.

1. madina macrumors newbie

madina

Im looking to purchasing a New printer and Scanner.

And I have been looking at what I always thought was a bad idea!
    The Jack of All Trades printer aka All-in-One or Multi-function Printer.

Ive been looking at the NEW HP Officejet Pro L7000 All-in-One series.

These look pretty good and are not as cheap as some of the others.
    Not that I want to spend more but I require quality printing and scanning.

Can anybody help or recommend this or an alternative?

Thanks

Madina

2. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Yes, the L7580 and L7680 aren't cheap, but man, they are so nice and well built. And finally, the print heads are removable and replaceable!

And very fast too. If you go to a store, to get a demo page out of most HP AIOs, hold the 2 button down and hit OK.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Dunno.

I was also considering the L7680 but I've been buying HP gear without even really bothering to look at anything else for a looooong time and I get the feeling that they're going down in quality - although it's not just limited to Officejets (although a current AIO I have, the 7210, has given me a fair amount of irritation with jammed scanner head, non-cooperative printing, etc).

I've started to have a lot of irritating little problems with recently purchased HP gear, including a lot of problems with laser printers which I've never really had to date with HP printers. But the stuff in the lab which are all older inkjet/lasers and are all very heavily used in bursts just keeps on going. In comparison with even cheaper inkjets I have in the lab which are about 5 years old I guess, the printers I buy these days seem to be built like straw huts.

But then, is going to anyone else better is what I've been wondering. It seems like every other printer is built pretty much the same these days.

4. blipper macrumors regular

I'm had the same experiences recently. I'm about ready to throw my DeskJet 5650 out the window this morning but the Epson I had before that was also temperamental. Now I'm thinking Canon.

5. madina thread starter macrumors newbie

madina

AIO or Seperate Printer/Scanner

I am prepared to pay for quality and I considered getting an Epson R800 only its 3 years old I'd obviously need a scanner also.. Tho im not sure which one. A Fast one with reasonable/ good quality would be good.

I dont really want to spend much more than £400/$800 for both items so an AOI seems to make sense.

If anyone has an idea of a suitable AIO/Multi Function Printer or Seperate Inkjet and Scanner for my iMac I'd appreciate your help.

Tnx Madina