Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Major discounts are always available on the AirPods around the holiday season, and this Black Friday is no different. We're tracking all-time low prices on AirPods 2, AirPods 3, AirPods Pro 2, and more below.

new-airpods-early-black-friday.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Of course, there is a chance that we could see better deals on AirPods arrive as Black Friday gets closer. This is a risk anyone has to take while shopping during the holidays, so with that in mind, many of the deals shared below are currently their best prices ever seen. More information on these sales can be found in our Black Friday Roundup.

Best AirPods Deals

Best Black Friday Deals

airpods-red-2.jpg

We originally tracked the AirPods 2 for $69.00 at Amazon in early November, but that sale quickly expired. Amazon now has this model for $79.99, down from $129.00. This version of the AirPods is perfect for anyone on your holiday shopping list who may be asking for a simple and reliable pair of wireless earbuds, particularly at this insanely low price tag.

airpods-3-red.jpg

Amazon has the AirPods 3 with Lightning Charging Case for $139.99, down from $169.00. These are upgraded in a few ways from the AirPods 2, with spatial audio, Adaptive EQ, force sensor controls, sweat and water resistance, and more.

airpods-pro-2-red-2.jpg

Moving to the Pro lineup, Amazon has the AirPods Pro 2 with USB-C/MagSafe Charging Case for $189.99, which is a match of the all-time low price on this model.

airpods-max-red.jpg

Lastly, the high-end AirPods Max are available for $449.99 on Amazon, down from $549.00. Discounts on the AirPods Max have been rare over the past few months, so this one is a second-best price on the over-ear headphones.

We've begun tracking all of the season's best deals in our dedicated Black Friday Roundup, so be sure to bookmark the page and visit it throughout the season as you do your online shopping. Our roundup mainly focuses on Apple products and related tech accessories.

Article Link: The Best Black Friday AirPods Deals

Last edited:

Thisismattwade

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2020
The 3rd generation with wireless charging case are $149 on Apple's Refurb store. I bought these after trying the Pro 2nd generations and just not liking how they hurt my ears. :-/

Reactions: maxorific1 and Huck

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
Are these late Black Friday deals… or just late ones from 2022 🤔

Black Friday is a permanent fixture around the year these days.

At least it is, indeed a Friday, today.

maxorific1

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2008
The 3rd generation with wireless charging case are $149 on Apple's Refurb store. I bought these after trying the Pro 2nd generations and just not liking how they hurt my ears. :-/
Yeah I’m currently testing out the pro 2 after being used to my AirPods 3 which I really like. I have some discomfort in one ear…. So annoying.

bradman83

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2020
Buffalo, NY
I've had the 3rd generation since they came out and they've been hugely disappointing for me. They don't stay in my ears firmly enough to produce decent sound quality (a problem the 1st and 2nd gen didn't have) and after two years the bass response died on them. The 2nd Gen Pros were a huge improvement out of the box.

Timpetus

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yeah I’m currently testing out the pro 2 after being used to my AirPods 3 which I really like. I have some discomfort in one ear…. So annoying.
I recommend trying some different tips. Apple's aren't as comfortable as some of the memory foam options out there, especially if your ears are in between Apple's sizes.

Thisismattwade

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2020

I've had the 3rd generation since they came out and they've been hugely disappointing for me. They don't stay in my ears firmly enough to produce decent sound quality (a problem the 1st and 2nd gen didn't have) and after two years the bass response died on them. The 2nd Gen Pros were a huge improvement out of the box.

I have baby-sized ears. I'm sure they're fine for most other people.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Costco is price matching Amazon on the USB-C APP2. However, that price won't go live until 11/24.

BL.

sideshowuniqueuser

macrumors 68030
Mar 20, 2016
I'm just curious how you know if you're getting genuine Apple products, or knock offs, if you buy from somewhere from Amazon? Or from any store apart from the Apple Store to be perfectly honest.

This goes for pretty much all electronics these days. The knock offs these days are impossible to tell apart.

r4man

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2013
AirPods Max were $450 (all colors) at Amazon just a few days ago (you had to click on the “coupon”). If you are thinking about getting them but aren’t in a rush I’d watch & wait a bit.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I'm just curious how you know if you're getting genuine Apple products, or knock offs, if you buy from somewhere from Amazon? Or from any store apart from the Apple Store to be perfectly honest.

This goes for pretty much all electronics these days. The knock offs these days are impossible to tell apart.
I figure the knock offs won’t have the Apple chip that allows you to pair the device just by bringing it near another Apple device.

They may be able to knock off the look to a tee but it’s a lot harder to create something that functions the same way beyond how it looks.

Reactions: Jovijoker

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good to see AirPods 2 at $99. A future new model at that price point will be good.

Darren.h

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2023
FYI. on Nov 8th only WALMART HAS AIRPODS 2ND GEN FOR ONLY $69.

FOR 1 DAY ONLY. NOV 8TH. CAN GET I EARLIER IF YOU SIGN UP FOR WALMART PLUS SERVICE.

sarga

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2021
On Amazon.de I don't see any discount on Airpods for 2. 262 euros..I guess those discounts don't apply for Europe.

gtjacket123

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2023
I figure the knock offs won’t have the Apple chip that allows you to pair the device just by bringing it near another Apple device.

They may be able to knock off the look to a tee but it’s a lot harder to create something that functions the same way beyond how it looks.
I see why you’d intuitively think that (must be something something Apple security between devices), but there are lots of AirPod knockoffs that have that functionality. Someone has cracked whatever authentication is happening there. Also interesting that there are regularly reports of the audio functionality in knockoffs being great. It’s kind of mind boggling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.