The best browsing experience or an illusion?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 6r4ff3r, Dec 16, 2015.

1. 6r4ff3r macrumors member

I tried an iPad Pro in a retail store only browsing and watching some YouTube vídeos and i liked a lot using all that size screen, all that vivid colors, the smooth input screen reactions and the sound is great. But i didn't notice the sound differences when i rotate the screen.

The question is, is it worth saving for an iPad Pro to be used mainly for browsing? It will be used too for gaming, mail, facebook, watching streams and some scheduling and finance apps.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If that is all you are doing with it, I'd save some money and get the Air 2.

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You do know you can do all of that on your TV if screen size matter and save some money.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

In all honesty it seems like quite an investment for just Internet browsing. If you're using it for gaming, you'd only be able to play iOS games, not Mac or Windows games.

You could spend the same amount on a MacBook Air which would have a lot more capability for what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a smooth tablet experience that has capable graphics hardware for iOS gaming, the iPad Air 2 would be a better option.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, the money saved will be spent in the wheel barrel needed to carry his TV around...

6. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

7. highdefjunkie macrumors 6502

highdefjunkie

8. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

If browsing is what you enjoy doing the most. Go for it! I love reading pdf and webpages on the Pro too.

9. 6r4ff3r thread starter macrumors member

I have some physical problems that dont leave me enjoying games on pc and consoles, like in my childhood and teenage. And i dont have 20's anymore...

I play games only in my iPod touch 4th gen and iOS games are very good, even more for iPad. FTL is an excellent example...

I love browsing since i tried for the first time in 1997. So, its the main priority.

I like browsing in iDevices in general, but the iPad Pro made me feel very comfortable to use.

Well, start to saving now...maybe for the 2nd gen :p

Thanks for all the opinions, even with irony :p

10. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Yes! I would buy the iPad pro just as a really big iPad. I love it so much. Can't go back to anything smaller

11. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Some sites still use Flash
    Like it or not that's still true.
    With that in mind, any device that can now show certain content from web sites can not be definition offer anyone the best web browsing experience.

It would be like saying this food establishment is THE very best place for food in the entire world, but they don't have some foods.

12. 6r4ff3r thread starter macrumors member

In these days, some sites has its own App.

Since my laptop is broken for two months, my iPod touch 4th gen is my only computer and dont have problems with my routine browsing.

My thing with iPad Pro is the size/resolution screen quality experience with browsing and video consumption, but nothing i cannot do with iPad Air or even IPad Mini.

I'm not deciding now, but i'm saving...

13. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

I expect the primary use of my IPP will be browsing and other stuff done lazily on the couch. I look forward to its size... especially being able to do apps side by side... like a web browser and Skype for example. Once the Pencil shows up, that may change, but for now, that's fine.

And I'll look forward to playing Carmageddon again. :)