The best car mount holder for iphone 8

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by adogen, Oct 17, 2017.

1. rocksyoursock macrumors regular

rocksyoursock

I love the iOttie. I actually stick it to my glovebox. Strong, stable hold.

2. mattguy10 macrumors 6502a

mattguy10

I use this one. It held my iPhone 6+ fine that I had previously and now it holds my current iPhone 7. I’ve had it for over a year but don’t use it every day, but when I do use it, I have no problems. I’ve only mounted it to my windshield so I can’t speak for how it works mounting it anywhere else like your dash or whatever, but the suction cup sticks to the windshield VERY WELL and it’s tough to remove (which IMO isn’t a bad thing because it means it’s doing it’s job) but if you remove it after a while, it may leave a little residue on your windshield which can be removed with window cleaner (I use Invisible Glass cleaner for this).

I’ve used a magnetic mount before and my phone always fell off of it while driving, so that didn’t last long in my car. I’m also not a fan of vent mounts, but I’ve only used one in my lifetime and it just wasn’t for me.

Out of all phone mounts I’ve used (about 10-15) over the years, I find this iOttie mount to be the best.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01...ne+touch+3&dpPl=1&dpID=41JCBMvXvYL&ref=plSrch

3. extremejj macrumors newbie

extremejj

4. extremejj macrumors newbie

extremejj

I also want to recommend RAM Mounts. They're pretty sturdy and the parts and accessories are all interchangeable. I got mine here https://www.mounts.net.au/

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

I really like my magnetic mount that secures into the CD player slot.

Best solution depends on the car, I think.