The BEST case for a macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yertle, Apr 24, 2010.

1. yertle macrumors member

yertle

I know there are lots of threads about this, and I could not find them with a search. So, I apologize right now!

As I sit here waiting on my 15" to arrive, I need to order a sleeve for putting it in my backpack when traveling.

I want something that not only protects it from scratches, but a sleeve that offers a impact protection.

So, for the zillionth time I'm sure in the forum, what's the BEST sleeve for the macbook pro??

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Passenger88 macrumors member

Passenger88

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't understand why somebody would spend 2 grand on a laptop and then buy a cheap sleeve for it. Pick up a nice case, it will be costly but well worth it. I prefer Brenthoven. Not sure if you can still get them at the Apple store.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

6. yertle thread starter macrumors member

yertle

I fully agree. Here is my input as to the best case for a MB/P.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9756101#post9756101

This sleeve costs $30, which is a bit low as sleeves go, but I swear I think it's the best that can be bought. That's why I got it for my 13", and why I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it for my new 15". I am always wanting ideas on this (This is a very expensive laptop!) I'll check Brenthoven yet again. What do you think about the Shinza?

7. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I travel a lot, literally hundreds of thousands of miles per year. I have two cases:

First is an inCase Neoprene sleeve. My MBP goes into this first. I carry this between meetings, or when I remove my laptop from my backpack for security scanning at the airport, when I want to have it near me on the plane for work, etc.

[​IMG]

My MBP, sitting inside this sleeve, then goes into my backpack/briefcase, which is a Briggs and Riley. My model has been discontinued, but this one is very similar:

[​IMG]

All in all, backpack + sleeve cost me about $250. But considering the wear and tear it has saved me, and the miles I've put on both....the investment was well worth it for me.

8. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

I like the incase nylon sleeve. Good protection light and let's you carry plug etc. However, this is not the case if you want to carry more than just the bare essentials.

9. insular macrumors newbie

are there any cases for the mbp (17" as well) that are like sleeve/document folder hybrids?

as in, i can slide my macbook pro into one side of the opening document folder (it would be leather naturally), and the other side has room for a paper notepad, pens, passport, business cards etc.

10. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Like this?

http://www.jr.com/tucano/pe/TUC_WOSM/

11. mug3n macrumors newbie

booq vyper.

probably not the sexiest case, but protection it definitely offers over the neoprene cases

12. acribb macrumors regular

I just bought a STM Glove for my 15" i7 and I love it.

Fits like a, well, glove.

The zipper does not scratch the edges because of a nice flap.

When I travel, I will put the Macbook Pro in its glove inside a new Solo backpack, which also has a removable compartment.

This should work well.

13. ipponrg macrumors member

14. harmonica01 macrumors 6502

Waterfield designs

many bags to choose from + custom sleeves for added protection