The best community ever.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by pcorajr, Aug 27, 2007.

1. pcorajr macrumors 6502

Every time I do anything mayor (big purchase, new hobbies, ETC) the first thing that I do is find and online forums/community and start reading/asking questions. It is something I religiously do. I did it with Fly fishing, Hunting, computer gaming as well as console. I try very hard to make sure I learn everything i can about the subject so that I can make an inform decision when its time to purchase.

Out of all the online community's i have been part of in the past 10 years this one the Mac Rumors community has been the best one, followed by the fishing forums I also frequent.

I have learned so much in the past 5 months and every encounter I have had has been a very pleasant one. For that I want to thank the site owners/moderators. You have a great site full of great information and you have done a great job in keeping the site clean. I also want to thank the community for going out of their way and answering my questions. You guys are a great bunch, thank you for you help.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yup, I've yet to find a forum as good as Macrumors

3. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I agree. I first joined MR to learn about Macs and get advice about switching, which Mac to buy, etc. Here I am 3 years later with a couple thousand posts, and I still love this place.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I visit a small dev site, it was quite big and busy back in the day but now theres only a few of us on there. It's less a forum and more a gathering of mates. We're all on each others IM clients. It's a little mad, but there's a fantastic atmosphere there.

Macrumors is just ace.

5. Frisco macrumors 68020

Yep,

Just the other day I had a problem with my car radiator. Did I post on an automotive forum? No way--I turned to Macrumors because of the diversity and knowledge of members here.

6. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

So did the egg work?

7. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I must say MR is the cleanest, neatest, and most reliable forum I have ever used. Additionally, with its enormous population, you get almost instant responses to anything. Furthermore, there are so many great people here with loads of knowledge. You can seriously post about anything here and people know about it.

8. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

I also concur. When I decided to buy my G5 back in the day, I came to MR. I got such great advice (and a great deal on software), I became a contributor. I mostly lurk, but every so often toss in my 2¢.

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, and you owe several months back rent. ;)

12. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Ouch

13. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

This is my first forum, I learned a lot about forum etiquette with a mostly nice and large user base. I have also tried and failed to find a forum that comes close.

14. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

15. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I appreciate the diversity of the MR community. Some pretty tech savvy people who can also have fun in different forums. Hardly a week passes where I don't pick up something helpful with computer use. I've received a lot more than I'm able to contribute.