The best deals on mbp are at

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nychot, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

Best buy in open box department. Theyve been returned within the 14 day return period. Checked again by geek squad and then put back on sale. I got an early 2011 13" i5 for $800 after an extra $100 off email coupon. It is a better deal than an apple refurb by about $130. And you again have 14 day return policy. The one i got had never even been registered. Got full apple warranty of course and will buy applecare. Btw there are cheaper applecare deals than at apple -- b&h for example. I never pay full retail for anything.

2. md301 macrumors member

just make sure u open it and check it.. i was at frys electrnics once, i happen to check out some of the returns and it was pretty beaten up.. i would buy mine on ebay i think ebay is more protected as long as you read the description carefully and ask question before buying. customer return always win on ebay even it says as is. if they did not describe it right then you could return it by ebay procedure.

3. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

When i bought mine they had 3 mbp and about 6 mba. I was able to open all of them to inspect and turn on. They all were returned within 14 days of purchase. Why would you be crazy enough to buy on ebay when yoh can go into a legitmate national chain store with a 14 day return policy. Ebay you dont get to see it until you get it and then have to pay to return it if its a pos which it probably is. With the bb open box you can register with apple and get applecare. Its NEW. My new mbp from bb was cheaper than a used one on ebay.

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

5. hotgrease macrumors regular

good deal - i never thought of looking there. perhaps i'll swing by next time i'm around a best buy!

6. dickdaney macrumors regular

Damn I should've went there. Bought mine from amazon for $1050 during their black Friday sale.

7. 9Benua macrumors member

Can you share the email coupon? I never got bestbuy coupons which did not exclude apple products.

8. robvas macrumors 68020

I bought a current model 13" at Microcenter for $899. Regular $999 but it was an open-box for $100 off.

9. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Buying pricey goods at retail outlets is nice but many times the state, local, count, city taxes can add on 10%. Usually the discount is enough to cover sales tax but still... :eek

Online is where I go. (But I can't even shop at Amazon anymore because my state is one of the few that requires sales tax charges).

10. 9Benua macrumors member

Delaware is 30 mins from my place ;)

11. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Where did you get the coupon? I thought the $100 off expired on 11/19

12. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

It would be worth buying on eBay to know that the Geek Squad had never even looked sideways at my computer.

13. ReidStylez macrumors member

Microcenter has $200 off the i5 13" and the cheapest 15"