The best esata card for MBP on leopard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sburke1, Mar 17, 2008.

1. sburke1 macrumors newbie

Hello, I am looking to buy an esata card to run audio off of. I need this to work with leopard. Anybody got any reccomendations? I've checked the forums and there has been no clear winner for me. I've heard some decent things about sonnet and SIIG. Thanks.

2. djrockadoo macrumors newbie

esata card

hey, Firmtek, hands down. visit firmtek.com they exclusively make high end mac products like an esata card specifically for MBP. its totally plug and play.

3. MacDudeMac macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been reading about a company called Silent Bang, who are supposed to be dedicated solely to creative Mac professionals who will be opening an internet arm in a month or so at www.silentbang.com and they will be selling eSATA express cards especially for Macs.

Plus, I read on another forum that they will be selling these at very low prices very soon on their site as a promotion before they open for real later this year. So if you can wait for three or four weeks, this could be an option.

Firmtek is selling theirs for around $119 (pricey compared to other sellers like SB) on their site so I think I'll wait and buy from people who only sell for mac users especially since I will be using the superfast eSATA connection with my Final Cut Studio package.

Can't wait.