The best first generation Apple product??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Downs2011, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Downs2011 macrumors regular

Since the iPhone release, has Apple created a first generation product that received this much investment into marketing, research and engineering? Maybe there are a few things missing. But am I one of the few people who believe that this is an amazing first generation product? The watch bands are "overpriced" mostly due to research and engineering; yet they are still very high quality products that Apple has paid much attention to detail. Some people say that Apple will have to update the watch annually to keep up with competition. Yet, many people said the same thing about Apple making larger phones and look how long that took! Apple will focus on what they think is "better" for the consumer and it is very possible that we only see software updates and accessories added over the next 1-2 years. Unless the 2nd gen :apple:watch will diagnose diseases and infections, I don't think there is really much else to add right now.

Anyway, April 24th needs to hurry up!!!!!:D

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

The problem is we don't know.

That's like saying this Cave is an amazing home, when you have previously lived under a bush.

I'm guessing many were amazed by the 1st iPod and iPhone.
    Items that would be regarded as very poor now, a few years on.

It won't be until a few years time we can really say how good this is.

We may look back on this 1st model and laugh at how poor it was.
    Or Apple may not update is hardly at all, and it will still seem quite reasonable.

3. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

I would personally give the title of "Best first generation Apple product" to the iPod and honorable mention to the original iMac (Apple already had 20 years experience building computers so the iMac was not really first generation).

My point is that without the success and innovation behind those two products, Apple may not have survived to bring us iOS, the iPhone or the Apple Watch.

4. sterl320 macrumors 6502

maybe. who knows.

You can bet its their fastest selling first gen product though.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Come on 24th and can't wait. However the 2ed gen will likely BLOW the 1st out of the water as much or more so than the 3G did the Original iPhone. For instance we could see GPS, Glucose, BP, body temperature, much faster S2, brighter OLED and 24+ hour batt life just to name a few.

However I will love every minute I use my 1st gen just the way I did with the Original iPhone.

6. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

While I generally agree, I think that the iPhone took it to the next level.

7. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Just praying it is as good as a Garmin watch! :rolleyes:

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Why is it you are always trolling me? What did I posted that offended you so much that your are on some personal vendetta? If interested I have owned many dozens of watches over the years (only 1 Rolex) and was even in the jewelry industry for almost 14 years.

I have also owned and used many sport watches over the years (Polar, Nike, Timex, ...). I currently use a Garmin 620 Forunner. While you seem intent on belittling it and trolling me the Garmin 620 is a top of the line running watch. At $450 the Garmin 620 even cost more than the Sport :apple:Watch does.

Again whatever YOU THINK I did that offended you I apologize. Either report it to the mods (and I have no idea what your beef is) or grow up and let it go.

9. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

True, but without the iPod, the iPhone never happens.

Without Les Paul, we never would have had Hendrix.

10. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

11. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

Agreed! Hopefully the 3rd generation will see a significantly thinner model with a much improved battery life over this model.

12. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

By 10th generation we will see hologram and chip implanted into our body for telepathy controls.

13. XmeX macrumors regular

I think the latest products are the worst (including IOS 8)
    I don't know when was the best

14. jian macrumors regular

Without Steve Jobs, Apple would never happen. Oh and without his biological parents, he would never happen.....and his grandparents...great grandparents..and so on.

15. Icarus73 macrumors regular

Corrected

16. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Les Paul invented the solid-body electric guitar. I stand by prior statement but we are drifting off-topic.

17. Icarus73 macrumors regular

In that case, it was Rickenbacker, not Les Paul.